LOOK 'flo' is back

Mark_teg

Staff member
Here you go 'DC5 1006405'
Sticky above titled (iirc) 'Please read if buying a DC5'.

That VTEC Grin

Advanced Member
I have reported the car to Trading Standards, but I could really do with the current location of the car and the Traders details...

Does anyone have these at all?

Rgds

celox performance

Advanced Member
FLO is now up for sale at a car dealers in Chester, again advertised as a 1.8 and in 'as new condition' :evil: Hopefully the details will have already been passed on to the appropiate authorities to deal with...

It seems like it's travelling around a bit at the moment :?

steveitr

Advanced Member
They are defo on to it, i got a call off trading standards for more info on it and they were gonna check out the thread on here :wink:

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Yambo is near Chester I think, maybe he could go and stick a sticker on the car saying "this car is buggered" :)

Cheers
Wardy

That VTEC Grin

Advanced Member
Right, as the car turned up just down the road from me, I decided to get it checked out by Trading Standards.

The car is currently for sale with S.J. Cars in Shotton, however it is not owned by them. Apparently they were contacted by a dealer called J.S. Cars (a name coincidence... :? ) based in Manchester and asked to sell it on their behalf...

A person at S.J. Cars commented that he thought this arrangement was 'odd' to the investigations officer that contacted him about the car, but that he had had dealing with them in the past. He then commented that the vehicle will be sent back to the Manchester dealer.

The investigations officer said that without a full engineers report the vehicle cannot be declared as unroadworthy and that it has a current MOT.

So to cut a long story short as long as the vehicle is not mis-described (and this can be achieved by keeping the advert suitably vague) or declared unroadworthy, it is still legitimate to sell. the law is 'grey' in this area and the investigations officer could only apologise...

It will probably disappear for a while only to resurface at some point. I guess we can only hope that either the car is advertised as damaged repaired and sold as such or that the future owner is savy enough to realise what he is getting into... :(

All we can do is keep people informed I guess...

Rgds

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
May be wrong but I htought someone got a report done on it, from AA or RAC?

Might be confused there though.

We could all chip in £2 and get an inspection done :D

celox performance

Advanced Member
S.J. Cars and J.S.Cars are the same company. When I spoke to the owner of the garage he said that S.J.Cars was HIS new website and if I wanted to get finance on the car I would have to go through HIS old website J.S.Cars and print off the application form.

He wasn't sure that it could be financed but said I could fill out the application form. This smells very fishy indeed and i'm really taken aback because the bloke I spoke to was very helpful indeed and sounded genuine, even after I knew myself it was a dodgy sale.

celox performance

Advanced Member
And when it says 'as new condition' on his advert that's not misleading :?: I've had a couple of cars that i've sold on that have been clocked by half the milage by previous owners and i've contacted both crime stoppers and trading standards who have been useless to be honest and the culprit always gets away with it :evil:

celox performance

Advanced Member
Hardly in 'as new condition' then is it :xspank:

As far as i'm concerned it would be classed as being 'knowingly misold' and trading standards should act on the information they received.

Melly

Advanced Member
They would just fix it again (poorly :x ) and try to sell it as A1 condition :lol:

Cheers
Melly