Lost 30hp 6k+ rpm

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I had checked the timing a while back and showed the builder a pic and also the comparison graph because he suggested checking the timing, however after seeing the new graph he didn't say it looked like a timing slip.
I'm guessing a slip in timing would cause a power loss over the whole graph, rather than from exactly 5k onwards?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Builder was ian from clockwise motion in birmingham and tuner is will from rdt in doncaster.

60 Miles to builder, 120 to tuner

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I can't say because I had been driving a runaround for 5 months before picking the integra up after tuning so it felt a lot quicker anyway.
I also can't tell whether I have noticed the power loss or not since picking it up.

AP-Performance

I can't say because I had been driving a runaround for 5 months before picking the integra up after tuning so it felt a lot quicker anyway.
I also can't tell whether I have noticed the power loss or not since picking it up.
Your original dyno sheet, was it din or sae correction used? should be displayed on top of dyno sheet. There has been some controversy over the difference in power readings between DIN and SAE correction on the Dynapack. 30HP is a lot to loose and I think you would definitely notice it.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I have both din and sae, and there was only a 4 hp peak difference between the two.
Is there any other way to see if the plugs are ok other than replacement? It's a lot of money to replace if they're ok.

AP-Performance

I have both din and sae, and there was only a 4 hp peak difference between the two.
Is there any other way to see if the plugs are ok other than replacement? It's a lot of money to replace if they're ok.
If you can take some close up pics of the plugs showing tip and porcelain and post them up it would give a idea of how it's running

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Just had a chance to take some pics.

Also, would a timing issue show the kind of distinct power loss from 5k revs, or would it be a loss throughout the whole range?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Timing would be more over the whole rev range...

Could be something silly like the knock sensor not being tightened to the correct torque this can give a false reading if not set correct.

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Could it be a bad batch of fuel? How many miles has the power been down/felt down? If nothing else has changed I would start there.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I don't think the fuel is the problem, I have done a few datalogs at various different times. It has covered about 3000 miles now since it was mapped early August.

Also, I have monitored the knock values on the datalog, and the threshold is never met, so the ignition is never retarded.