Lotus Exige and Selling Up.

LeeH

Advanced Member
I wish! :D

It will have to go and I'll be car less for a while whist I save up the 3K shortfall I have.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Love this car. I'm tempted to go for a test drive to see what they're like now :)

Dan2020

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
Dan2020 said:
Not jealous.............much!!! :xlol:
Come over to Cadwell in the summer Dan and I'll let you have a go ;)
You don't have to ask me twice!! :D I'm there already!!! :lol:

I'm glad you've decided to save for the charged version, should keep you happy for longer then!!

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
The white lotus has the wrong tyres on! They should be special Lotus Yokohama A048. You need the S/C one, they are ok for a daily drive of 20 miles each way, you can even get a car seat in, my Daughter enjoyed that and she is 6. The S/C one is mental and so much quicker than the DC5 you also wont believe the grip, seriously so much better than the DC5, above 85 mph it is loud. Corners like nothing else for the money. The SC one you can save some weight as you dont need a rear view mirror as the S/C blockes the rear window!

You need the SP pack with better bakes and 240ps. They are seriously mental, they are not easy to get out of and becareful where you park or you might find you can't get back in the car due to the sill.

You need one........... :twisted:

LeeH

Advanced Member
Thanks Ian, I found all that out this weekend when I went to the dealers for a drive :green:

bigdave2608

I fully endorse lotus as my elise was the first car i ever owned haha. Ive been forunate enough to drive and passenger one and all i can say is wow. The performance will blow you away. And there cheap to run cos they weigh nothing.

Personally i prefer the s1 exige but hey ho. Lol
my mates elise is running 340bhp and that immense. Go over to seloc and introduce yourself...you'll get all the advice you will ever need!

danny100

Advanced Member
If i have an S1, i personally would prefer a cheap one then throw the Rover K-series in the bin, or buy one with engine blow-up..then put a K20A in it.. :xyes:
Remember seen a S1 couple yrs ago also an 340R(i still think its greatest) did same mod. shame about price(was £30K approx.) and the UK weather +"No good" if Mrs got the mini-skirt on and try climb in :lol:

Grov

Banned
Saw a supercharged K20 from a EP3 at the MPH show last month, was about 350 he said, i bet that shifts. :green:

bigdave2608

There are actually quite a few options engine wise. Audi...honda k20, k series upgrades, tseries turbo, vhpd engine. Im 6ft 6 so getting in and out became an art haha

I loved my lotus and miss it so much...the only thing is with elises is that it doesnt take long before you want more power. Ive been in just about every variation of lotus apart from the 2eleven and still say my mates supercharged chargecooled elise is the best. The power just amazes you and it sticks to the road like glue!

My mates got a sc exige thats white with black wheels.....very nice. Personally i like scandal green!

oregato

Advanced Member
I've been in a good few at a few of the trackdays over here.

All I can say is AWESOME!

Getting in is very tricky. Leg Hard Arse Leg, getting out is very difficult!!

Around the track, they handle so well.. especially with a decent driver, you can really see the potential of these cars.

I'd love one, but for a daily, you'd be mad, maybe as a track toy or else a weekend car yes, but I would never give up the Teg for something (so much more) impractical.