lowering the v-tech

benny

Advanced Member
there is a machine available, that lowers the rev point when your car goes into v-tech or silly mode? do this speed it up? and give you better performance? the car feels quicker when it v-techs and just a warning to peolpe its not a good idea to go into v-tech when you hit ice? as it gets a bit hairy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so then what we think?

Zero7

Advanced Member
You can lower the V-Tec engagement point when you have your car Kpro'd, any decent after market ECU should allow you to adjust your VTEC point and yes you will go quicker, however you will use a lot more fuel.

I know the Mugen ECU for my DC2 used ot engage the VTEC about 900-1000 earlier.

benny

Advanced Member
sod the fuel haha, could honda do it with the machine that just plugs in? drop it to about 4.5 revs? whould be hitting 60 in around 5.5 which would put it on par with a chav wagon sti wrx?

P15UL T

Advanced Member
sure the apexi vtech controller does this and im sure they sell on ebay for around the 250 mark

benny

Advanced Member
yeah thats where i saw it? makes more sense to spend 250 quid, plug it in and boost your teg? than spend 4k on spoon's and mugens? doesn't it?
you could go silly and drop the revs down to 2 revs? what we reckon?

Evs

Advanced Member
The whole point of the VTEC (sic) system is that there are two sets of cams - one set that makes power at low/medium revs, another set that makes power at high revs. The ECU switches them over at an appropriate engine speed. You can mess around with the changeover point but this won't necessarily make you more power in itself - the fuelling, ignition advance and cam angle need to be optimised. There are midrange gains to be had by changing the parameters with the standard engine, but I doubt you'll make much power just moving the changeover point on its own.

So the Scoob STi is a chav wagon is it? I really am beginning to wonder about the DC5 tbh... :roll:

neolee40

Advanced Member
when i got my k-pro it was set to 3.2 which was just silly. It's so rapid... sitting on the motor way at 70 sitting at 3k revs. then just planting the throttle instant power. Then i got this changed to 4.5k revs. it doen't use that much more fuel and i get good MPG...

hope that helps..

benny

Advanced Member
the typical uniform for scoobs is adidas trackies see them in the n/w all the time, sorry scoobs guys?

dan the man

Advanced Member
how u can u say every scoob owners wears trackies :roll: :roll: :roll:
and wtf is vtech...

do u actually own a car and read this forum..how the hell can someone not spell VTEC ffs........(especially if they have a honda vtec)

anyway maybe its just me :|

benny

Advanced Member
oh well its been a long day? v-tech or not v tec? lol, every n/w scoob you see has a trackie wearer init? it is only a generalisation?, you know like rover-25 drivers and flat caps? my mates teacher has one, and he aint no chav, but he is a music teacher? whats worse?

Zero7

Advanced Member
Trung said:
Standards of DC5 ownership is getting lower these days. :lol:
When it gets to scooby ownership levels I'll have my NSX-R or RS4 by then :lol:

And there is nothing wrong with scoobies, I've had two but that sonic blue :lol:

dan the man

Advanced Member
Trung said:
Standards of DC5 ownership is getting lower these days. :lol:
ive seen sour grapes and sour grapes--------------

BUT THATS SOME SUPER SOUR GRAPES :lol: :!: :!:

tee hee :p

martin200

Advanced Member
Hmmmm, it does wind me up when people refer to our engines as VTECH. Clearing they are lost in their childhood days of electronic toy fun...

To spark some controversy - does anyone believe they make their car faster by dropping the VTEC point? I can't see it to be honest. For noise, maybe. For driveability / power / torque performance, I doubt very much. Surely Honda would have spent hundreds of hours with the K20 on the dyno to optimise its performance.