Many running their dc5 as a daily?

p1tse

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
good as it is, whats the point if its never driven
Assuming it's because it's someone's hobby and enjoyment, but looks like it's not finished to be driven.

As another example but not car related, I know some who collects toys and enjoys the ones which aren't open!

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
joiner said:
Mines solely a shelf queen and weekend car when it eventually gets finished that is. Live and let live I say, everyone has different ideas, me personally, I was fed up of the wife kerbing my alloys and kicking the door trim etc and with two kids it was a constant struggle to keep it clean. Hence the DC5, her arse will never kiss the Recaro's, likewise she will never get to drive it, she has her car to wreck. Wife's will never realise how much it hurts a man when you go out to wash your car and discovers heavy kerb mark half way around the rim then promptly tell you that it wasn't me!!!!

Here's our daily, had her 4 years and love it and a very rare 2.4 petrol,

Here's my project to date, since pics it's been stripped again for going to paint

This is how she looks just now

2 years and this is as far as I have got, one day it will be finished
This is beautiful, could literally eat dinner of your exhaust! Lovin your daily too!

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
Bought it for track day use. Tried to drive it in weekend when there is no rain, but did not enjoy it. I love vtec reving and test the car to limit within my control, but don't want to create trouble, danger or accident to others. Also hate getting any attention in city or town, so prefer late night driving in B road.
I can get all the joy n fun from track use, but not in street. Also it is not comfortable to drive over lot of potholes.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
If I had the time, money, space and skill to do the above, I'd do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
joiner said:
Mines solely a shelf queen and weekend car when it eventually gets finished that is. Live and let live I say, everyone has different ideas, me personally, I was fed up of the wife kerbing my alloys and kicking the door trim etc and with two kids it was a constant struggle to keep it clean. Hence the DC5, her arse will never kiss the Recaro's, likewise she will never get to drive it, she has her car to wreck. Wife's will never realise how much it hurts a man when you go out to wash your car and discovers heavy kerb mark half way around the rim then promptly tell you that it wasn't me!!!!

Here's our daily, had her 4 years and love it and a very rare 2.4 petrol,

Here's my project to date, since pics it's been stripped again for going to paint

This is how she looks just now

2 years and this is as far as I have got, one day it will be finished
Ha ha!!

Bradley

I use my DC5 as a daily, I used to have an EG vti which i'd use and that was absolutely brilliant for the whole of like 2 months, then I used to dread going to work in it.

If I could afford another car for a daily atm I would but at the same time I don't really mind using my DC5. The only thing that bothers me is if it gets marked or damaged by other people within the carpark at work. Other than that I find it brilliant as a daily, I'm able to sit and cruise on the motorways to work and if I fancy it I can always put my foot down a bit into work and back.