Meister R Coilovers - Need advise

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
I use my teg everyday as he's my daily for a 30 mile round trip and my Coilovers are BRILLIANT !!!!

I still love them as much as I did on my DC2 and I have them on a pretty hard setting too, but that's the great thing there's like 32 (I think) clicks inbetween Hard & Soft so you have it to suit you.
I recommend them 100% and mine are still going strong x

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Do what Rob R and James have done and go for Bilstein B14 coilovers. Much better made and German too. Take it you're back in a Teg then?
Il have a look into them! And soon mate! Next week if all goes to plan ;) need to arrange a meet

martinj46 said:
I've had the meisters on mine for well over a year now. Granted it's not in everyday use anymore, but it was for a good few months and no one ever said it was too harsh. Obviously this is subjective, so you'd be best going out in a car with them fitted to first to make sure. They still clean up like new and are easily adjusted. I can't comment on the bilsteins mentioned above or any other brand for the DC5, but the Meisters are a very well made piece of kit. It isn't the cheap Taiwanese product many think it is.
emmsyDC5xx said:
I use my teg everyday as he's my daily for a 30 mile round trip and my Coilovers are BRILLIANT !!!!

I still love them as much as I did on my DC2 and I have them on a pretty hard setting too, but that's the great thing there's like 32 (I think) clicks inbetween Hard & Soft so you have it to suit you.
I recommend them 100% and mine are still going strong x
Thanks for you're input guys! Do they inspire good confidence on the B roads? Also have either of you tracked them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Check them out mate, they don't have as much adjustability as the likes of the Meister R supposedly but will be comfortable on the roads.

North Wales meet is July 19th mate, hopefully see you there!

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
They def inspire confidence on B Roads and I was hoping to do Croft track day next month on them, but funds won't allow but will definitely be there next year!

Dan34

Advanced Member
Nothing wrong with meisterR's in the slightest. Great on road and track! I've had mine for going on 3 years now and over 40k miles and had no issues.

I've put 14k springs in the rear shocks and flipped the front top mounts side to side to increase caster and they work really well on track.

Mebz

Advanced Member
I'm planning on changing my buddyclub rsd's for some of these.

Good to hear actual owners giving back some info, thanks.