Miss my K-Pro :(

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Do it, you wont regret it, and when you sell the car you will probably get the same money back anyway. I cant help hitting Vtec everytime i drive the car which is at least twice a day, Vtec starting at 3.5k (when over 50% throttle) with bags more midrange power is really addictive!

zubzub

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Do it, you wont regret it, and when you sell the car you will probably get the same money back anyway. I cant help hitting Vtec everytime i drive the car which is at least twice a day, Vtec starting at 3.5k (when over 50% throttle) with bags more midrange power is really addictive!
What mods you got?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
In terms of engine mods only the usual breathing mods mate, RBC, Tegiwa Manifold, Mugen Twinloop, Mugen Induction and of course Kpro, check my garage for the full list. Not making epic power (approx 242bhp) but the delivery is amazing thanks to Mase.

zubzub

Advanced Member
I was watching a vid on YouTube and it was a dc5 at Surrey rolling road and it had a mugen twin loop and they said it's very restrictive. What's your thoughts? They said it has too many bends! They changed it over with a fujitsubo remo1 and it made more Hp but can't remember how much now.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yep its restrictive, has too many bends, and too heavy, but it sounds beautiful which is the main reason many on here have one, its mostly discreet when driving normally, then opens up to make a great sound when you put your foot down, another option to acheive the same effect is the Kakimoto Regu 06&r, its not always about the amount of power ;)

zubzub

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Yep its restrictive, has too many bends, and too heavy, but it sounds beautiful which is the main reason many on here have one, its mostly discreet when driving normally, then opens up to make a great sound when you put your foot down, another option to acheive the same effect is the Kakimoto Regu 06&r, its not always about the amount of power ;)
Good job I bought the kakimoto ;) still waiting on it though from Matt :)

DC5RS

DC5
ckh said:
I have one in mine and i'm pretty local to you "SuperFly"...make a big difference on both performance and economy...well worth the investment
do you mean you get better MPG? and more power? o_O

maxvr6

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
do you mean you get better MPG? and more power? o_O
Yep, depends on if you can refrain from putting your foot down once you have all that extra power, i personally get less economy now as the midrange power difference is so much better i cant help myself :)

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Says he who hasnt "bonded" with his car ;)
I feel the dc5 is boring. As in its too easy to drive quick? My civic was hella sketchy and I enjoyed it so much!

Well see. More improvements to the 5 and hopefully it'll feel more like my car! :D

dotty

Advanced Member
Says he who hasnt "bonded" with his car ;)

I feel the dc5 is boring. As in its too easy to drive quick? My civic was hella sketchy and I enjoyed it so much!

Well see. More improvements to the 5 and hopefully it'll feel more like my car! :D

What the hell is hella? Is that an American thing? :)

DC5 boring? No way. I suggest you track it to discover it's far from boring.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
dotty said:
What the hell is hella? Is that an American thing? :)

DC5 boring? No way. I suggest you track it to discover it's far from boring.
I dunno? Haha. I guess it's from the yanks?

And I mean its too easy to drive fast. Never had a brown trouser moment in it?

And vtec is so late as well! Hence why I need to map it but its ridiculously expensive!

My old coupe had tec at 4.5 till 9.5k was constantly In vtec absolutely loved it!!

And tbh id love to track it but I really never have the time!

I work 6 days a week and the car is kept 15 miles away on my misses mums drive! Utter ballache.

The battery goes flat more times than I drive it! Bad I know. Haha.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
i don't agree it's easy/boring to go fast in it. my ep3 was more composed at speed; no where near as quick to corner as the dc though... the handling is certainly 'urgent' :)

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Get my kpro fitted next week :) hopefully I will like it if not keep an eye out in the for sale section ;)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Chelt_scene said:
I dunno? Haha. I guess it's from the yanks?

And I mean its too easy to drive fast. Never had a brown trouser moment in it?

And vtec is so late as well! Hence why I need to map it but its ridiculously expensive!

My old coupe had tec at 4.5 till 9.5k was constantly In vtec absolutely loved it!!

And tbh id love to track it but I really never have the time!

I work 6 days a week and the car is kept 15 miles away on my misses mums drive! Utter ballache.

The battery goes flat more times than I drive it! Bad I know. Haha.
The initial cost may be expensive, but you should get your money back for the Kpro when you sell it as they hold their value really well, and the mapping should only be in the region of £300 depending on who maps it.

blueguy said:
You're missing out big time. Make the time
As Justin says, you are seriously missing out, the DC5 is in its element on track.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Chelt_scene wrote:

As Justin says, you are seriously missing out, the DC5 is in its element on track.

I need to do this^^^^^