If your going to do an RR day.... wait till I'm ready :wink:

April timing is my current date / schedule btw :!:

Mike

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
1. Zero7 - 262 (I think)
2. monz - 261 (approx.)
3. C&S Evo 7 - 260.6
4. Mikegsi - 251 (192 lb/ft torque too!!)
5. webbie - 247 (199 lb/ft torque)
6. lockwood77 - 243 (158 lb/ft torque)
7. 12T - 242.4 (170.3 lb/ft torque)
8. benny - 240 (183 lb/ft torque)
9. milano_chris - 234 (171 lb/ft torque)
10. Jayk - 225 (165 lb/ft torque)
11. Gaz1- 222.8 (148.7 lb/ft torque)
12. gaz3434 - 218.2 (156.0 lb/ft torque)

Either I've calculated m figure wrong, or the dyno I used is shite, but how do I have more torque then some of the cars with much more BHP then me? :?

I beat a N2 cammed CTR on the same dyno by a few BHP, sure a CTR with N2 Cams would be more then 234 at the fly?

I'm chatting shite now, I'll just wait till the Sys R RR day

BHP @ wheel 199
Torque @ wheel 145.45 :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
best thing to do mate is to wait till we get this sorted and check your figures then, at least there'll be plenty of shoulders to cry on :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
the way its looking i may top the chart for the tegs, unless someone with cams, s/c or turbo turns up, i may have to send you round the corner till after the event if you decide to turn up :wink:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
mikegsi said:
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
the way its looking i may top the chart for the tegs, unless someone with cams, s/c or turbo turns up, i may have to send you round the corner till after the event if you decide to turn up :wink:
All depends on the date Mike

Also, all depends on when the work is completed by the team at Hondaworks

However, I have to say, the figs published above, are rather optimistic especially the so stated torque figures (not trying to start an argument).

Anyway... I know what Figs mine should achieve, but wont say atm..

Mike

Zero7

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
mikegsi said:
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
All depends on the date Mike

Also, all depends on when the work is completed by the team at Hondaworks

However, I have to say, the figs published above, are rather optimistic especially the so stated torque figures (not trying to start an argument).

Anyway... I know what Figs mine should achieve, but wont say atm..

Mike
Is that in case you don't achieve the figures :lol:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Zero7 said:
Hummmmm

Well.........

NO

The work that's being done to mine, is as a result of now 3 years worth of research into the Honda K series....

The parts / mods that are being done... have been tried / tested and proved on race cars. Mine specifically will have many modifications specific to endurance race cars.

The figures that have been mentioned, are aired on the side of caution anyway, so should end up being rather entertaining....

Anyway, only time will tell........Hondaworks will bring a new dimension to NA tuning in the UK & Europe, when others have given up :!:

Mike

kingston

Advanced Member
How much more time though Mike? Rahter a drastic way of keeping the engine mileage low though isnt it?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
kingston said:
How much more time though Mike? Rahter a drastic way of keeping the engine mileage low though isnt it?
As I posted before...

Hondaworks are saying to me April.

They have 4 other cars that are going to be ready at the same time (other Honda models)...

It's all part of their launch process !!

Mike

ek4

Advanced Member
hondaworks 8) , cant praise enough, gotta get my car back for finishing touches soon as well, they arent about simple bolt on and tune, go way deeper than that and look into every aspect of a car

spoke to pez briefly about development work on k series long time ago and remeber him talking about your car MJ type r, dont know what level your going with but look forward to results, your DC5 is my fav DC5 and has been for a while

havnt you gone through couple different setups now including a s/c done by someone else ?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
Zero7 said:
Hummmmm

Well.........

NO

The work that's being done to mine, is as a result of now 3 years worth of research into the Honda K series....

The parts / mods that are being done... have been tried / tested and proved on race cars. Mine specifically will have many modifications specific to endurance race cars.

The figures that have been mentioned, are aired on the side of caution anyway, so should end up being rather entertaining....

Anyway, only time will tell........Hondaworks will bring a new dimension to NA tuning in the UK & Europe, when others have given up :!:

Mike
I've got absolute faith in Hondaworks, although they've never worked on my cars. Apparently those manifolds are beautiful, I don't know what gains they're supposed to make though.

What are they mapping your car with? I saw a few PFCs round Pez's the other day but they were all EK9 ones, I've never seen a DC5 with a PFC.

Are you getting cams too? I know Pete mentioned to me they were dubious about the long-term reliability of Toda cams so would be interested what alternatives there are if that's the route you're going down.

Not sure what you mean by others having given up - do you mean nobody else is trying new stuff any more? I think to be fair, you're limited by what the parts manufacturers decide to make. With some TBs on the way from Japanese manufacturers, I think there will be more gains to be had soon.

webbie

Advanced Member
what figres you hoping for mike when its done then ??

I have never heard of this hondaworks .do they have a web site

what exacally you getting done then ?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Lockwood77 (sorry, can't remember your real name :cry: ), another chap who knows the Hondaworks chaps (i.e. Pez & Pete).

All I'm prepared to say in public about my car atm (as their are those that would love to have access to the info / knowledge) is the following:

The work includes:

- New Exhaust
- New inlet manifold & air intact
- Head work
- Cams
- Baffle Sump
- Modified gearbox and Plate Diff
ETC

I have an idea what ECU will be used for the tuning, but again wont go into detail.

As to power... your guess is as good as mine tbh... the figs that have been mentioned are all in Wheel Horse Power, not flywheel... Hence why I wont mention it....

All I can say... watch out for Hondaworks cars this coming year :!:

Mike

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
1. Zero7 - 262 (I think)
2. monz - 261 (approx.)
3. C&S Evo 7 - 260.6
4. Mikegsi - 251 (192 lb/ft torque too!!)
5. webbie - 247 (199 lb/ft torque)
6. lockwood77 - 243 (158 lb/ft torque)
7. 12T - 242.4 (170.3 lb/ft torque)
8. benny - 240 (183 lb/ft torque)
9. milano_chris - 234 (171 lb/ft torque)
10. Jayk - 225 (165 lb/ft torque)
11. Gaz1- 222.8 (148.7 lb/ft torque)
12. gaz3434 - 218.2 (156.0 lb/ft torque)

is the rolling road going ahead??

p_r_e

mine is running at 247.9 bhp and 159 lb/ft torque @ the hubs

mods are
hondata kpro
toda 4-2-1 manifold
powerhouse amuse titanium system
spoon throttle body

all rolling road set up at system r (tdi north)

mikegsi

Staff member
p_r_e said:

mods are
hondata kpro
toda 4-2-1 manifold
spoon throttle body

is that the amuze r1 titan zorst? good choice mate if so :wink:

what intake you have on that mate?

i have the same as you plus gruppem intake and look to be running slightly higher figures

Jayk

Advanced Member
strange how the torque has is so little. Nice power figure.

I think thats more than i will get.

My Car should be somewhere on the leader board on the 7th of April.

Paul is Fitting my Toda A3 Spec Cams and Valve Springs along with a KPRO, to go with my Toda Mani, Spoon Bpipe.

I am using my stock backbox, and my stock airbox, just has a K&N drop in filter.

I currently have 190whp - 220fwp, 163lbft of Torque, hoping for 210whp - 240fwp, 170lbft of torque. Those figures id like to see on my local rollers i use.

ADHDboy

Advanced Member
Think I'll get my car to tdi north, got to be over 300 bhp at the hubs there :D

p_r_e said:

mods are
hondata kpro
toda 4-2-1 manifold
spoon throttle body

Jayk

Advanced Member
ADHDboy said:
Think I'll get my car to tdi north, got to be over 300 bhp at the hubs there :D

p_r_e said:

mods are
hondata kpro
toda 4-2-1 manifold
spoon throttle body

Pauls rollers no doubt running on the high side, but as almost everyone has been there for power runs it we can compare the difference, regardless, cant wait for the rolling road day! :D