most powerfull na car on here ??

Jayk

Advanced Member
Glitch said:
12T said:
:lol: your treating urself this xmas
The power noticable on the tb?? going to get some cams also as the car doesnt feel that quicker with my mods on.
Yeah the TB does make a difference but because its now getting so much air it now needs the fuel to match it so ive got an AEM fuel rail on its way ready for the Kpro. My OEM fuel rail and injectors are now ticking like they are running at max. It does seem alot more responsive thow.
Injectors shouldnt max out with a Ported TB?!

mikegsi

Staff member
Jayk said:
Glitch said:
12T said:
:lol: your treating urself this xmas
The power noticable on the tb?? going to get some cams also as the car doesnt feel that quicker with my mods on.
Yeah the TB does make a difference but because its now getting so much air it now needs the fuel to match it so ive got an AEM fuel rail on its way ready for the Kpro. My OEM fuel rail and injectors are now ticking like they are running at max. It does seem alot more responsive thow.
Injectors shouldnt max out with a Ported TB?!
my feelings too mate

fonz600

Advanced Member
Check your duty cycle in a datalog, if it gets over 90% you are probably better getting bigger injectors not a fuel rail.

Glitch

Advanced Member
I dont think they are litterally maxin out but they are defo making a different noise (louder) now ive fitted the TB. I did think about bigger injectors but i read somewhere that with a Kpro you can make the stock injectors run more fuel. Is this true? Injectors are expensive aswel whereas a fuel rail is only cheap. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
198 bhp and 145lb/ft at the wheels. Assuming 18% losses then 234 bhp and 171lb/ft (I think, may have done the math wrong). Map I'm using isn't one for my car though, having it re mapped at TDI in Feb. It beat a Toda N2 cam'd CTR with DC mani, Mugen Intake and Toda Cat back on the same dyno same day, which I found odd.

fonz600

Advanced Member
Glitch said:
I dont think they are litterally maxin out but they are defo making a different noise (louder) now ive fitted the TB. I did think about bigger injectors but i read somewhere that with a Kpro you can make the stock injectors run more fuel. Is this true? Injectors are expensive aswel whereas a fuel rail is only cheap. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?
The injectors can only provide so much feel before they reach their max, Kpro can't make the max higher it's a fixed volume. If they are maxed out on your duty cycle you'll need to get bigger ones I'm afraid.
A fuel rail won't help if the injectors are maxed out as the injectors will still be using the same amount of fuel.
I may be wrong but I reckon the OEM fuel rail will be able to cope with bigger injectors no probs so getting a fuel rail may end just being a bling add on than a functional one.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
12T said:
Explain transmission loss..... :?:

Pls :D
Not all the power that is made at the flywheel will reach the actual wheel due to inerta loss etc through the gearbox.

Glitch

Advanced Member
Thats why power at the hub is the only true read out.

So can anyone recomend any good injectors? Has anyone else on here uprated their fuel system?

dan the man

Advanced Member
Glitch said:

So can anyone recomend any good injectors? Has anyone else on here uprated their fuel system?
no true readout is at the engine flywheel :D

Glitch

Advanced Member
but power at the fly isnt what your car has on the road, so it doesnt really matter what you have at the fly because as soon as you drive off the rollers you dont have that power. I know what you mean by its the true read out because its before the transmission loss but i meant the power you have when you are actually driving the car on the road.

dan the man

Advanced Member
:xconfused:

yaaaaa raiggggght. :?

The engine power when u go on the road u dont have so on the pavement u have more power>? :lol: :lol:

Just kiddin i get you but for true 100% readings what THE ENGINE is producing its an out job. RR just for tuning and seeing what ya mods are doing and a rough idea..

martin200

Advanced Member
Who cares at the end of the day. Its how fast the car is that matters. Rolling road figures are a pissing contest. The true purpose for a rolling road is for tuning, thats all.

So, who has the fastest NA car in a straight line? What about round corners? Who can actually drive their car? More importantly, what does it matter, who cares?

gaz3434

Advanced Member
Glitch said:
Power at the hub does not take into account any losses at the wheels, i.e. through friction losses where the tyre makes contact with the rolling surface, be it road or rolling road. Therefore hub figures may read slightly higher than wheel figures given on a conventional rolling road. As Dan says, the only way to get a true engine power read out is to take the engine out of the car and put an engine dyno on it, which isn't exactly practical for most of us! :)

I know rolling road figures are a load of BS but it's good fun, so here's the updated list (just to get this pointless thread going again! :wink: ):

1. Zero7 - 262 (I think)
2. C&S Evo 7 - 260.6
3. Mikegsi - 249 (195 lb/ft torque too!!)
4. webbie - 247 (199 lb/ft torque)
5. lockwood77 - 243 (158 lb/ft torque)
6. 12T - 242.4 (170.3 lb/ft torque)
7. benny - 240 (183 lb/ft torque)
8. milano_chris - 234 (171 lb/ft torque)
9. Jayk - 225 (165 lb/ft torque)
10. gaz3434 - 218.2 (156.0 lb/ft torque)

mikegsi

Staff member
im at system r on wed, hopefully i'll be able to update my figures, dont think im gonna get much in way of bhp, but hoping for a little more torque

Gaz 1

Advanced Member
1. Zero7 - 262 (I think)
2. C&S Evo 7 - 260.6
3. Mikegsi - 249 (195 lb/ft torque too!!)
4. webbie - 247 (199 lb/ft torque)
5. lockwood77 - 243 (158 lb/ft torque)
6. 12T - 242.4 (170.3 lb/ft torque)
7. benny - 240 (183 lb/ft torque)
8. milano_chris - 234 (171 lb/ft torque)
9. Jayk - 225 (165 lb/ft torque)
10. Gaz1- 222.8 (148.7 lb/ft torque)
11. gaz3434 - 218.2 (156.0 lb/ft torque)

Mine added guys, bit of catching up to do :shock: