MTEC K20/K24 Race Spring Group Buy Interest

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
So I've be in contact with MTEC Ind regarding there Race Spring upgrade for the gearbox. I was thinking of placing a bulk order to make the import worth while.

Looking on the RSX owners club this is a very worth while modification for not a lot of money.

Installation guide here - http://www.mtecind.com/diy/shift-spring-install/

To import one of these on your own cost £30 plus any import fees, I'm still negotiating a price, but if I can get 10 orders it will work out cheaper once they are imported and sent out to people. It won't be much as it isn't expensive in the first place, but every little helps.

MTEC Ind also do a pivot ball upgrade for the OEM shifter which tightens everything else up, these could probably be negotiated if anyone was interested.

If the interest is there I was planning on just ordering 10 of these to then sell on.

FAQ

What is the purpose of the shifter springs?
MTEC Shifter springs are designed to improve feel and confidence of the driver by strengthening one of the most vital parts of an automobile. Essentially it gives you a better connection to what gears you are looking for or are in.
Which applications do the shifter springs fit?
From our research any Honda K20a/z or K24 manual transmission should work. It doesn‘t matter if it is a 5 or 6 speed transmission. Hybrid vehicles with K20/K24 swaps can use this to their benefit as well! If you have a vehicle that you are unsure about please email us and we will research it for compatibility.
How hard is the shifter springs to install?
Installation should be done by a professional if you are not confident in your mechanical ability. You can see the DIY instructions here.
What are the differences between the sports and race springs?
While developing this product there were 2 versions that were produced. The sport spring was designed for the everyday spirited driver. Our race spring is created for our weekend auto-crossers or drag racers. This does not mean that they can‘t coexist with each other. We have tested the race version for daily driver applications. They both work well on the street! The main difference is that the stiffness is on the race is much greater than the sport and that may not suit your average driver.
Will this work with short shifters?
Yes! Currently we have tested with short shifters and solid base bushings. They have performed very well with instilling confidence in shifting.
The shifter feels too firm.
Please allow some time to get used to the difference. Any modifications in any vehicle will always take some time getting used to. You can also choose the sports version because it‘ll be significantly softer then the race version.
Where is this product made?
Our products are manufactured in the USA!

DC5RS

DC5
Might be interested as well, will keep an eye if people are interested to get a discount. Let us know

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Like I say, I was planning on just buying 10, just wanted to make sure I'd actually be able to shift them all.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
Can provide the sport version as well?
I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem, but I think for most people would go for the Race springs.

Certainly seems to be a good amount of interest so I shall be placing an order with them.

Initial order shall consist off

5 Race Springs
5 Race Springs with Pivot Balls
2 Sport Springs
1 Race Sprint Shift Kit.

Shall see how these go down initially and if all goes well more orders can be placed in the future :)

Russty

I had a read on what you posted but still a bit confused at what this does .

Also whats the advantages with the pivot balls ?

DC5RS

DC5
Russty said:
I had a read on what you posted but still a bit confused at what this does .

Also whats the advantages with the pivot balls ?
From MTEC website:

MTEC uprated shift lever springs are here! We are now ready to introduce you into a whole new world of confidence in the K series manual transmission. Once this item is installed, you will feel a difference in the side to side movement of your shifter. This allows you to have more precision shifting. The springs are made to meet and exceed OEM specifications. They have been tumbled , shot peened , and coated for a long life. Best of all they are manufactured in the USA! Please read the FAQ before emailing any questions. Thanks!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I'm still a little confused as to what I would need.

My gear lever is sloppy shall we say when in any gear. Especially when it is in neutral.

What would I need to eliminate this?

I've already got the HR shifter bushes so would the spring be needed too?

anton1234

Advanced Member
I fitted the race spring and pivot ball around 2 years ago, there was nothing wrong with my selector but I wanted to give this mod a go,

The side to side movement in neutral is now more firm and gear changes are more precise, be aware you will also need some hondabond for the gearbox, took me around 1hour to do the spring and pivot ball.

I don't think you can go wrong for the money