Mugen or rm01a

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Hey Daz. I've got a Fuji. Missus has a Mugen on her ep3. I nearly swapped my Fuji for Matt's Mugen a while ago when he has ankther DC5 and regretted it ever since. Mugen sounds awesome and feels like it has more low end torque so awesome for the road. The can is a bit Marmite, so in that respect the Fuji is nicer.
Can't believe you've still got your dc5 ry 😳

You'll have to let me know next time you do curborough 👍🏻

I'm in no desperate rush to change it so I'll just keep my eye on the classifieds I think probably mostly for a mugen 😂

Linus27

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
There was a thread about rm01a recently which I posted on
I've had both rm01a and currently twinloop
At the end of the day it's 2.0 n/a engine so power is negligible with bolt on mods. I agree with above the rm01a did someone feel like more power, maybe throttle response
But the noise wasn't for me, lacked a bit of character to it; bit flat in nature.
Although nice over stock, with a sporty tone.
I prefer the twinloop as doesn't drone as much, more civilised at cruising motorway speed. Matted to a decat and it's a good daily system
Hey Patch, which one sounds more raspy, the Mugen or the RM01A? I currently have a Spoon 2-1, Spoon B-Pipe and OEM Backbox and it sounds a bit flat and dull. I really want some character and rasp.

p1tse

Advanced Member
The rm01a to me was more flat and far from raspy

I wouldn't say the mugen is raspy either, more of an oem plus type sound

If you want rasp from videos I've seen I think a unsilenced b pipe will do ;)

Linus27

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
The rm01a to me was more flat and far from raspy
I wouldn't say the mugen is raspy either, more of an oem plus type sound
If you want rasp from videos I've seen I think a unsilenced b pipe will do ;)
Thanks Patch. I'm also trying to find out what Freya is running on her DC5 as it sounds lovely. Skip to 1 minute in the video belowcand you can hear it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2bvI6NCdYyc

Jvzr

Advanced Member
Iv the rm01 mated to a tegiwa manifold.
House Mate has a twin loop mated to a tegiwa Mani.

Rm01a is quiter on cold idle and normal idle.
Driving both with full interior they are on par for noise.
Outside the twin loop seems to be a bit louder but not alot.

Looks wise the rm01a is nicer IMO

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jvzr, that's interesting. What intake are you both running?

Standard mani then the rm01a is louder inside the cabin

Can't comment on either outside although when the mechanic took it out for a test drive after the mani, the car sounded good I thought whilst I was waiting at the garage lol

Jvzr

Advanced Member
@patch_teg , he's running oem, where as I'm using a tegiwa m.

In saying that, the fact I find both on par inside the cabin could well be down to the fact I'd hear my tegiwa m more then my exhaust. Which probably doesn't help trying to figure iut which is louder.

But on idle the rm01a is deffo quieter.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
RM01A on the S2000 is extremely raspy, strange it isn't on the DC5?

I'll be finding out myself soon enough though.

p1tse

Advanced Member
@jvzr, I've only been one car with a teg m intake and a very loud exhaust from the outside, but the intake overpowers the noise from the inside when giving it some. Do you think yours is raspy at all with decat mani, as I thought with oem mani it was far from being raspy

@milanochris, will be interesting to hear your thoughts once you've tried and tested. What other breathing mods will it have?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Hi mate. It has an RBC intake manifold, Gruppe M, DC Sports exhaust manifold and now the RM01A.

S2000 had Mugen intake, J's racing manifold and the RM01A.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
I'm running a Twinloop and OEM mani with a Gruppe M.

Nice sound off the Mugen and it is really quiet, not raspy I wouldn't say

MrRy

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Can't believe you've still got your dc5 ry 😳

You'll have to let me know next time you do curborough 👍🏻

I'm in no desperate rush to change it so I'll just keep my eye on the classifieds I think probably mostly for a mugen 😂
Yeah we are overdue one mate! I'd wait for a good Mugen. Why can't you believe I still have the 5? 😂 Nothing under 10k that beats it IMO. Hell maybe even 12k.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Yeah we are overdue one mate! I'd wait for a good Mugen. Why can't you believe I still have the 5? 😂 Nothing under 10k that beats it IMO. Hell maybe even 12k.
Must just be that I've been through 3 other cars since my first one 😂😂