My DC5 - Past, Present, Future

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Looks very good. I like how you went with the perforated leather on the sides.

Brophy

Advanced Member
Looking good mate :) I had been in touch with Phil to get one done shortly.
His work does look first class :) did you go exchange basis on your old wheel ?

David Fox

Advanced Member
Brophy said:
Looking good mate :) I had been in touch with Phil to get one done shortly.
His work does look first class :) did you go exchange basis on your old wheel ?
No mate, I still have my original wheel. I might get something 'different' done for that one, not sure yet!

Send him an email mate, I can't recommend him enough. High quality work and he is a top bloke all round.

David Fox

Advanced Member
Budders_DC5 said:
I am loving the interior leather seats!!
Thanks everyone for the comments.

The seats are worth doing if you plan on keeping the car for a significant amount of time, ie forever.

Jameso89

Great thread Dave! Touching story too!

Love what you have done to the seats... so much so I have dropped you a fb message ;-)

wantadc5

Advanced Member
What an awesome writeup. Totally echo your sentiments regarding don't sell the DC5. I sold my modded DC5 and now have a z4mc, and still miss it immensely. The z4mc with all it's power somehow isn't right for me.....

The regu06 in my opinion is the best sounding exhaust for the DC5, the howl in vtec is just awesome!!! You certainly picked the right one there!

I am planning on coming back to a Honda this summer....just need to make my mind up on a FN2 or a FD2, money is clearly a factor, as it's obvious that FD2 is much nicer stock.

David Fox

Advanced Member
Thanks for the comments.

Sadly there won't be anything going on for the majority of the year as I have yet again deployed to Afghanistan. The upshot to this of course is I will have saved a significant amount of money, some of which will be going on a full respray for the car - This will be engine out, windows out etc. I plan to have the car stripped. While some may say that the car doesn't need it, the paint is 12/13 years old. It is starting to look tired, and although a good waxing sorts it out for a period of time, it just needs brightening up.

I wouldn't mind getting another head unit - Anyone got any ideas please fire them to me.

I am also planning some engine goodness - nothing to get excited about, just the usual upgrades that most people have. I can't go mad - I also have to save for another car (type TBC).

David Fox

Advanced Member
Slight update, as it has been many months. I decided not to get the respray, as a significant period of detailing has brought the car up brilliantly, so I can scratch that expensive option off my list of things to do. Also due to a over zealous power wash, I had to purchase new Type R stickers on the side. Dave at Steels Honda was efficient as ever.

I am currently at a crossroads with the car at the moment. As much as I want to keep it forever, it does have a significant lack of use - less than 2000 miles last year. The option of selling (again) is something I do not really want to do, but if an enthusiast offers me a decent price, then I will probably relent. I would sooner the car goes to someone who will look after it, but use it for what it was made for. If you are interested, or indeed know someone who might just be, please PM me and let me know. That said, I am not letting it go for a song - serious offers only. And no, I will not split any parts. If it goes, it will go as it is.

Reason for these thoughts is that I am awaiting my arrival in Mar 15 of a BMW 335d M Sport Touring (X Drive). With the AC Schnitzer tuning installed, its going to be circa 370bhp. In a diesel. I really do think in my opinion that this could be the ultimate all rounder, hence the Teg will be used even less. Plus another house purchase is impending, which is never cheap.

I will no doubt forget all this and keep the car, as it costs me nothing and I can happily just look at it every time I am back in the UK. But as described above, if anyone is interested in an immaculate DC5 then let me know. I will negotiate price via PM only.

p1tse

Advanced Member
What an epic car journey so far, touching as well with the previous owner. As a new dc5 owner myself and have owned more powerful cars too in different manner, the Teg characteristics was just what I was looking for.

I've got to agree the BMW tuned 35d is an ultimate daily machine, with great power, mpg, handling, feedback combination; in a diesel of course

Good luck.

FireDance

Advanced Member
Don't sell, you will miss it to much & buy it back again!!!

I feel your pain about the Teg stickers, one side of mine has come off too!!!