My experience with Eight Speed.

Bonito

Advanced Member
So literally for months, I have held back posting this in the public domain as it's only right a buyer should give a seller enough time to resolve issues encountered during a bad sales transaction. Right? A lot of people may say I've been too soft with this issue and perhaps I have.

How or never, here's what's happened. In Nov 2012 I enquired to Steve at Eight Speed how much a drop in baffle would be posted to Ireland, as I had seen he was doing a deal of baffle, oil, hondabond and fitting, but as I'm in Ireland, I wasn't going to be driving to Lancashire to have it installed. Steve gave me a price of £190 + £15 P&P while being tracked and I'm presuming insured.

So on the 30th of January I pm'd Steve saying I'd take a baffle and asked for his PayPal. By 17th February, my baffle was paid for.

On 7th March I pm'd Steve asking had he an ETA on my baffle. Steve replied on the 10th March saying he'd a delay getting stock but he'd have the baffle early that week and ship it straight away.

On 19th March I pm'd Steve for an update and he replied on the 20th saying it'd be shipped by Friday latest. On 26th March Steve pm'd me saying it'd be shipped tomorrow. I asked had he a track and trace number for me but got no reply back.

April 1st and still no sign of my baffle so I pm'd Steve. He replied that day saying he'd chase it up for me. 3rd of April I pm asking had he an update for me and Steve replied with this;
I am struggling to get the baffles mate, I have heard that the
company that makes them has closed up but cannot get any verification.

I should be able to get one through Japshop who I deal with but I am
mindful that this has gone on for a long time now so if you just wanted a
refund I would understand.

Stevie
Hang on, didn't Steve say he posted it on the 27th?

At the stage it was at, I asked for the refund for two reasons. One being I acquired a spare OEM baffle to send to TGM to have their baffle welded in and secondly so myself and Steve could just mull it over to a product issue and have dealings in the future, as Eight Speed do have some nice bits I'd be interested in and I'm very much aware of keeping good customer relations, so I try to keep good seller relations.

On 5th April I gave Steve my card details so he could put the refund straight through that as opposed to waiting for one to come through PayPal. Steve proposed both options.

Unfortunately I fudged up one of the numbers so I had to send it again on the 10th of April. This time all numbers were correct.

I PM'd Steve on the 16th April to check if he'd put the refund through and he said he'd put it through on the Saturday which was the 13th of April.

21st of April still nothing in my account and nothing pending so I rang my bank and they said there's no transactions pending coming from or to my card so I pm'd Steve to tell him this and he said he'd chase up for me.

Didn't hear back from Steve so PM'd again yesterday and still no reply.

I went with Eight Speed as I couldn't find any bad dealings with them and a couple people said he was good to deal with and looked after people.

To recap: I paid for my baffle on the 17th of February. It's now the 25th of April and I have no baffle and my bank account is still £205 (€246) lighter. (For now.) ;)

You do the math and make up your own mind about Eight Speed. My experience speaks volumes to me.

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Hi Mate,

I admit that this has been a total disaster and very poorly managed by me, I have no excuses at all.

I have checked on the refund though and that has gone through fine mate.

Again, I have no excuse for the poor service I have given you John and in the unlikely event that you ever use me again I will assure you that this is a total one-off.

Sorry again!

Stevie

tico_87

Advanced Member
I'm still waiting for the money i had to spend sending back the camber bolts i received instead of engine mount inserts....that was from back in February also.

Send camber bolts back on a Saturday..he received them on the Monday......i still then had to wait another 2/3 weeks for my engine mount inserts even though he said they were in stock at the time of purchase.

Just seems he has to be abit more honest with his customers regarding stock availability and delivery times.

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Hi mate, drop me a line any time with your card details and I will refund the postage, I had totally forgotten about this. it is not intentional.

I have been slack on both of these occassions and probably others. I am that busy in the workshop a lot of the time I have let things slip on my retail parts side.

However, things are afoot here at Eight Speed so I will be a lot better in the future.

Sorry to you both and anyone else that I have let down or given poor service to recently.

Stevie

raz786

Advanced Member
Well good show in not making any excuses or arguments. Mistakes can happen, hopefully all parties will be happy even though its taken some time! :)

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
At the end of the day mate I am a one man band so accountable for everything at eight speed. I let the guys down and have taken this on board as a kick up the arse.

Stevie

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Or I spend less time in the workshop and more time looking after my customers. Forums are great for business but lethal if you mess your customers about. It is deserved though in this case.

Stevie

dotty

Advanced Member
Good to see that a swift resolution is taking place.

It shouldn't take a public post to do so however.

I know you have been around for years in this scene and MLR etc Stevie so one or two issues won't affect that. Let's hope there are no more issues, I can imagine you're busy being a one man band but as you admit, you must make time for sorting out problems with orders :)

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Hey Stevie,

Did my strut brace I ordered 4 weeks ago arrive yet? Was chatting to you on the phone and on FB

Nicky

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Yes mate, I sent a message back to you on FB but I was in the car on 3G so it may not have got to you?

The brace will be shipped on Monday to you, it'd due to arrive tomorrow but could be in the afternoon.

Just for clarification to the board, this is a Spoon strut brace and has had to come from Japan. Took a while but Spoon sometimes can.

Stevie

tico_87

Advanced Member
Eight Speed said:
Hi mate, drop me a line any time with your card details and I will refund the postage, I had totally forgotten about this. it is not intentional.

I have been slack on both of these occassions and probably others. I am that busy in the workshop a lot of the time I have let things slip on my retail parts side.

However, things are afoot here at Eight Speed so I will be a lot better in the future.

Sorry to you both and anyone else that I have let down or given poor service to recently.

Stevie
Don't worry about it Stevie, just take it off another item I may buy in the future. Wasn't to worried as it was only £3.50 or something like that so not a huge amount money just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten :p

I won't keep me from buying parts from you or recommending you by any means.
But might be worth employing someone else maybe?

Thanks Andre

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
That won't be needed with what I have planned. I've some rectification work to do here but I'll get my reputation back as fast as I can.

Paudie_DC5R

My Teg was lowered 30mm and wanted to reduce the negative camber on my rear wheels so i bought eibach rear camber arms from stevie but never again not worth the hassle. Basically i bought these (which were not cheap at £196 but i wanted eibach's so went with it) on the16 February. 28th February almost two weeks later still no sign of my camber arms so i pm stevie about this and he said "for some bizzare reason the items were not sent and would be sent out tomorrow and i can assure you that this is a once off". 11th March got these by pure luck my name and address spelt incorrectly and no phone number for the courier, so was pot luck really to get them just that courier went looking for me and happend to meet a family member on the road and it gets worse. Then went fitting only to discover quality issues with one of the retaining nuts. Now after paying almost £200 pounds for them you'd expect these to be right so a pm to Stevie again and explained the situtation and he said he'd have a replacement sent out. 08th of April still no sign of the replacement so i got back onto Stevie and he assured me a replacement was sent but would sent out another one, 15th April still no sign of the second replacement and when i contacted him again he assured me the second one was also sent but i never got either. So over two months later and after forking out almost £200 pounds to him i still don't have a complete camber arm kit.

So basically my order was not sent first, when it was sent there was incorrect delivery details on the parcel, so pot luck to get it, then quality issue with the part, was promised two replacement parts neither of which arrived and like Bonito and all the others i was also given that this was a total once off malarkey from stevie and that it would never happen again.

All i can say is that it is my first and last purchase from him anyway, whatever parts he has are not unique and can be got elsewhere hassle free. I went with Stevie like Bonito in that he seemed to get good customer reviews and also couldn't find any bad dealings so i thought it would be a hassle free transaction but by god it has been anything but good.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
it appears steve has been lacking a bit with the parts side of the business.

but i can assure you he is so hard working and i wouldnt hesitate to take my car back there for him to work on, in fact i shall see you soon steve for some bushes and rca's :)

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Hi Paudie,

The rub here is that I did post the replacement nut on 2 occasions so they have gone somewhere mate, you were very upset with the situation at the time and this was an Ebay transaction so the chance of negative feedback was high, why on earth would I lie to you about sending the nut?

This is the only time we have had quality issues with SPC camber arms that I am aware of.

The items were out of stock at the time of ordering so there was a delay initially and to save time I sent the order to Eibach UK to send them directly to you. I can send you the email I sent them to show the address I gave them was correct as per your order.

Stevie

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
At the end of the day guys, I have not been up to scratch on some orders recently and I need to sort this out which I will. As mentioned, customers have chosen us based on good feedback in the past. I will make sure this is upheld and restore some confidence back into the forum.

Stevie

kazmo

Advanced Member
is a lot harder to gain confidence than lose it, though i cant comment personally as i havent used 8speed, but after reading this i probably never will either...