My experience with Eight Speed.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
I can only comment on the workshop side of things and regardless of the problems mentioned above without a doubt I would use eightspeed in the future to have work done.

Stevie is a top notch mechanic and very organised methodical and I was very impressed with the work I he carried out.

I would agree it has put me off considering buying parts through him but I will wait to see if this kick up the arse is taken on board which I'm sure it will be.

The problems here should not put anyone off his workshop services, they are first class :)

turbo5

Advanced Member
I think he must have a lot more people satisfied than disatisfied, Stevie has done all the work on my car for the past 4 years, RBC, thermal gasket, FRSU, Mugen racing cat and manifold, drop links, spoon lowering springs, brake disc's /pads caliper refurbs, mapping, new speedo convertor numerous services and MOT's I can only give him praise.

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Your choice of course mate.

kazmo said:
is a lot harder to gain confidence than lose it, though i cant comment personally as i havent used 8speed, but after reading this i probably never will either...

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Thank you Dave :)

turbo5 said:
I think he must have a lot more people satisfied than disatisfied, Stevie has done all the work on my car for the past 4 years, RBC, thermal gasket, FRSU, Mugen racing cat and manifold, drop links, spoon lowering springs, brake disc's /pads caliper refurbs, mapping, new speedo convertor numerous services and MOT's I can only give him praise.

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Your comments are hugely appreciated pal but if you consider that these comments are from a small number of customers unhappy with me. I have no excuse for these issues but in the 9 years I have been running the business these are the only complaint posts you will find.i have let things slip recently will return to form quickly once I make changes at eight speed. Keep an eye out for a post soon.

Regards, Stevie

CaLi said:
I can only comment on the workshop side of things and regardless of the problems mentioned above without a doubt I would use eightspeed in the future to have work done.
Stevie is a top notch mechanic and very organised methodical and I was very impressed with the work I he carried out.
I would agree it has put me off considering buying parts through him but I will wait to see if this kick up the arse is taken on board which I'm sure it will be.
The problems here should not put anyone off his workshop services, they are first class :)

Josh16v

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
is a lot harder to gain confidence than lose it, though i cant comment personally as i havent used 8speed, but after reading this i probably never will either...
Typically, people usually only comment if they've had a bad experience. What about all the other parts he's sold? Must be hundreds by now!
Any business is going to have hiccups once in a while, if they didn't they'd never have mistakes to learn from....

Won't stop me from using Eight Speed in the future

dotty

Advanced Member
Indeed, mentioning no names I know of a few..

In this day and age though where cheap tat appears to rule the roost with Honda tuning (generically speaking) if you want a good customer base then you need to be on the ball with everything.

Dan34

Advanced Member
I can vouch that Stevie is sound. Ordered a few parts off him such as my spoon springs, AEM and gearknob. Kept me updated throughout each order as the springs and AEM had to be ordered in as I'm awkward! Haha

I would 100% take my car to him if it wasn't such a long drive!

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Thanks for the kind words guys, appreciated.

I have let Paudie and John down with my service but I have to learn from this and take this on the chin and improve my standards for the future. I will do this.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Eight Speed said:
Thanks for the kind words guys, appreciated.

I have let Paudie and John down with my service but I have to learn from this and take this on the chin and improve my standards for the future. I will do this.
This.

I can't think of anything worse than the thought of giving negative feedback and then waiting for the 'happy customers' to come and bash you for having a bad experience and the company flatly refuses to accept liability because they are seen as 'golden' on some forums.

What Eight Speed has done though is the absolute right thing and apologised. Something a lot of companies could learn from.
Negative feedback makes you a better company, accepting it is key and improving the service thereafter is paramount.

We shouldn't be afraid to give negative feedback and people should not see it as an opportunity to abuse someone for doing so, just because their experience was superb in comparison.
Let the companies look after themselves. Negative feedback is a good thing, take it on board and learn from it.

Other traders, take note, you could learn a lot from Eight Speed.
Humility is a quality a lot of people could benefit from and Eight Speed appears to have it in abundance.

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Our usp was always our reputation and this is something I treasure so this thread has hurt, a lot!

All I can do now is prove myself and show I am worthy of my reputation. I have been slack with delivery times avd forgetful with my after sales but no one has been left out of pocket, I will always see my customers right.

It's been a shot across the boughs this but I urge you to try us and let me show you how good we can be.

Stevie

alan-lee

Advanced Member
I bought an exhaust around Christmas last year and had a great experience with Stevie! Well packaged etc! Still on the car to this day!

Just my 2 pence! But these stories wouldn't stop me using him!

Still got my support