Need advice on clutch

qamvti

Advanced Member
I thought exedy made the clutch kit for Honda correct me if I am wrong. :xconfused:

JT3173

Advanced Member
qamvti said:
I thought exedy made the clutch kit for Honda correct me if I am wrong. :xconfused:
Yeh, they do but apparantly they dont last as long as the Honda OEM ones......

qamvti

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
qamvti said:
Yeh, they do but apparantly they dont last as long as the Honda OEM ones......
Honda OEM is made by exedy thats what I mean.

jay82

Advanced Member
LA-DC5 ITR said:
@ c&s evo7. Can I ask your reason why you say oem is better option? I'm looking at an exedy stage 1 single plate as mine is not far off needing replaced. I drove a dc5 recently with the exedy stage 1 & it felt a lot better than oem imo. Seemed to have a bit less travel on bite and the pedal felt good, not too heavy or too snappy. I'm not really knowledgable on clutches so i would appreciate your input if it's stops me wasting money on something below par

Stu
i think what c&s is trying to say is that the oem clutch will last longer than the exedy and would prob take more abuse than the after market ones, correct me if i'm wrong :)

Shanetyper

Advanced Member
im interested in getting some info as i cooked my clutch on track and i haven got a clue what to go for!!!
if i already ruined an oem i dont really wanna get another but if it'll last longet than an exedy one :-k :-k

WTF!!!

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
Try Carbonetic one, they are about £450-500 a set tho inc Flywheel and the clutch kit. They are pure Carbon blade clutch which will give you nice OEM like biting point when they are cold, last alot longer than OEM as well plus the flywheel is only 3kg.

Dixon

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
LA-DC5 ITR said:
@ c&s evo7. Can I ask your reason why you say oem is better option? I'm looking at an exedy stage 1 single plate as mine is not far off needing replaced. I drove a dc5 recently with the exedy stage 1 & it felt a lot better than oem imo. Seemed to have a bit less travel on bite and the pedal felt good, not too heavy or too snappy. I'm not really knowledgable on clutches so i would appreciate your input if it's stops me wasting money on something below par

Stu
i think what c&s is trying to say is that the oem clutch will last longer than the exedy and would prob take more abuse than the after market ones, correct me if i'm wrong :)
The Honda OEM clutch is just an Exedy in a Honda box ;)

markie

Advanced Member
I bought a oem clutch kit from tgm and it was around £100 cheaper than the honda dealer.mind you that was about a year and half ago.