Need advice on what exhaust manifold ?

ReKo

Advanced Member
Someone on here had good results with the Piper manifold (with sports cat).
Going by that result the de-catted version should give even better gains.

Armenomania

Advanced Member
Bro, was in your Place for about a year. all the researches came across 2 manifolds...
Buddy Club and TODA.
I have been told from lots of guys that TODA gives more HP than BC. Could buy brand new BC header for EUR 750 from the racing shop next to my house, but preferred to get USED TODA for EUR 740 :lol: its on it's way and coming to me now :lol: Cant wait until I receive it

raz786

Advanced Member
The BC has proven gains and is pretty much on par with Toda for gains as far as I've read ( I think Toda is better top end whereas BC is better mid-range?). I would go for BC, had mine for a few years now and think its awesome. If you wanted a price for the BC try contacting Buddy Club UK and speak to Paul Hughes. He may be able to give you a forum disconunt as well!

armjoker

Advanced Member
Guys have u heard about SSR Header? I found a guy who climes its giving more HP then any other header.

cup_66

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
The BC has proven gains and is pretty much on par with Toda for gains as far as I've read ( I think Toda is better top end whereas BC is better mid-range?). I would go for BC, had mine for a few years now and think its awesome. If you wanted a price for the BC try contacting Buddy Club UK and speak to Paul Hughes. He may be able to give you a forum disconunt as well!

My thoughts..

Mark_teg

Staff member
The problem with selecting a manifold is chosing one which suits you and your budget. Most people will only purchase one exhaust manifold for their car so cant really give opinion on which is best and the difference on how the engine feels/performs. Even then, that persons opinion may differ to the next person.
I suppose the power thread in the engine section helps a tad but even then there's lots of other contributing factors (different dyno, ambient temp, car mileage) which only means its a rough guide.

IMO the power increase differences between most of these manifolds is neglible anyway. I chose the DC sports for this reason - its got a good reputation with regards to performance and durability. If it means I lose 10bhp versus a toda/buddyclub (which I dont think it would) then so be it. I've gained performance over standard, its given me no problems and it sounds great - awesome for £400!! And I've saved £400 (or whatever it is) versus the toda/buddyclub :D

ETA Just to clarify, my options were Buddyclub, Toda or DC sports, so thats really what im commenting on :idea:

armjoker

Advanced Member
How much is BC in uk? M8 if u are interested in BC I can help u with it. In my are there is BC dealer who brings parts very cheap. U can order it from here (Cyprus) U dant have to pay any taxes cos its EU. Also the Euro rate is really down now so u will save so more cash. If im not mistaking he is selling it 750 euros new in box. If u want ill get his contact number for u.

Just one more general question. What is the difference if u buy 4-2 and 2-1 or 4-2-1? Is there any difference in power gain or what? Both designs going 4-2-1 but one of them u can separate for 2 parts. ex: Spoon J's racing, OEM Honda... :-k

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Thanks for the offer but I want to stay with uk dealers for warrenty reasons and also to give them the buisness.

As for the 2 part design, there is not alot of performance difference appart from that the 1 peice has a more free flow design.
J

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi, just thought I would let you
all know that I'm going with the DC sports manifold after all the thinking.

My reasons for this are:
DC have a proven performance outcome accross the board.
Build quality is top notch, loads of information on this also from the us forums.
Also they state that the use of polyurethane engine mount inserts is a vital thing to use to get a warenty with them, which is also a great idea anyway to stop the engine flexing.
The last point is the price, at under £400 it's miles cheaper and the end results are basicly the same as toda and mugen.
I don't like the idea of a sleeved BC manifold as iv read On USA forums that the springs can rust off quickly in our climate and also the metal is thin and can crack easy.

Im getting one installed by Tom at TGM next week.
Will let you know my veiw on Friday. This is just my personal veiw, I mean no harm to anyone, just helping others in my situation.

James.

wantadc5

Advanced Member
Excellent James I might well lean towards dc sports also would be good to get one more view on the dc

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi there,
I collected my car from Tom at TGM last night with the new dc manifold installed.
The manifold was worth it! Iv now got alot more extra power low down and once it goes into vtec all hel breaks loose.
The car now excellerates better and has a mean tendency to torque steer in vtec now lol.

I have also had all engine polyurethane mounts installed Inc the gearbox one and I also have a spoon etd installed.

James.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
To be truthal mate it's not bad. My old ek9 was very shaky but this is very nice.
Iv got a mugen twin loop system and it's got a nicer tone to it now. It was nice in the cabin on the a3 last night on the way home. Very minor dash shake I say.

Also was cool as the ecu was adapting to it and u could tell the response was getting better lol.

J