Which colour scheme?

• Takata green wheels and cage

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Metalic black wheels and cage

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

JT3173

Advanced Member
As far as I know there are not many wild colour schemes going on with our DC5's at the moment, j30l you are one I know of ;) and I have always been one for testing the water so, what do you guys think to the following idea's which will centre around a wheel refurb but will also stretch after that too the 4 point CUSCO cage and possibly CUSCO B pillar bars if I can source a set.

The car is having have a CW full Ings kit, my Mugen bonnet painted CW and plain my plain carbon GT wing kept as it is but with a black powder coating on the alloy stems.

As per my 'JDM wheel wanted' thread I settled on some used Wed Sport SA90 17x7.5 43 offset wheels in bronze with a blue inner Wed Sport Racing double title band but as this will be very hard to replicate I think by a refurber and so I have some ideas for them.

First colour scheme would be TAKATA green wheels and cage, I have TAKATA harness's too which I should consider.
Example

Second colour scheme would be a dark metalic black/grey with red outer lip, just not sure about the cage being done in this though.
Example on some GL 57 TA wheels

My roll cage at the moment is red and with red Buddy Club P1 Limited Edition seats, carpets and door cards I think there is just too much red so I have to say I am thinking that the green is the one for me but what is the thought here?

Opinions welcome.

kingston

Advanced Member
if these are your only rims, then id go with black as the green, once the novelty has passed, will wear off

if you search my name in gallery, youll see what a pair of met grey ones look like and there was another fellow on here who had them in white (search weds)

JT3173

Advanced Member
kingston said:
if these are your only rims, then id go with black as the green, once the novelty has passed, will wear off

if you search my name in gallery, youll see what a pair of met grey ones look like and there was another fellow on here who had them in white (search weds)
Nice mate, really like them but I just love the green and plan to get some CE28n sometime I hope.

Keeping an open mind though............

j30l

Advanced Member

the novilty will never wear off!!!
8)

any excuse to post a picture :roll: :D

JT3173

Advanced Member
j30l said:

8)

:D Thats what I think, yes its all the rage now but if you like it thats all that matters.

It should open mouths I think at the odd show......

wullie

Advanced Member
j30l said:

8)

THATS AWESOME!!!!!!! whats the name of that colour?!! im doing mine next!! im in scotland, noone will know i copied you its cool!

j30l

Advanced Member
Mine are Kawasaki green. That was the closest green they had to takata at the powder shop.

JT3173

Advanced Member
j30l said:
Mine are Kawasaki green. That was the closest green they had to takata at the powder shop.
I am going to try and get a nice dark green, close as possible, I hope it can be mixed to perfection as all the greens I have found look great but are not the same, like the GT3 8)

Too minty green and powdery IMO

Kawasaki looks good but needs to be darker I think.

If its just right as these are then it really sets the car off, I may even have a go at emailing Volk as they must know what the paint mix or code is for this colour as so may of their wheels end up in it.

Just right and on a cool Accord Euro R.........

LeeH

Advanced Member
Thee Green looks awesome for a track/show type car but I wouldn't do it if it was my daily drive.

Just my 10p....

:)

JT3173

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
Thee Green looks awesome for a track/show type car but I wouldn't do it if it was my daily drive.

Just my 10p....

:)
Yeh, its my daily too :lol:

I have made my mind up, its gonna be TAKATA green for sure, cant wait!!! :green: