NEW JDM POWER CHAMBER INTAKE

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
This item is relativley new i take it, but was just wondering if anyone is using one yet? :? Do you think this would be better than the Group M? My opionions is that it wont because its still sucking in hot air near the battery section. Also note the battery has to be relocated else where.

Here is what they claimed:

Introducing the all new PowerChamber Intake for the EP3/DC5 type S. Just like the original PowerChamber from PWJDM, this one makes more all around usable power and has the killer looks to back it up. Dyno Proven 18.1 horsepower gains over base line with no other modifications made to the car. (Dyno tested @ Erick’s Racing by Erick Aguilar on a Bone Stock DC5!); this intake went toe to toe with a leading Cold Air System and spanked it silly. Made 100% of Dry Carbon Fiber or Carbon Kevlar, the choice is yours. This PowerChamber intake weighs ounces, it’s so light… we were about to call it the anti-gravity intake.

Attachments

Jayk

Advanced Member
thats a great idea/concept, and i wouldnt be surprised if that works far better than the gruppe-m

dan the man

Advanced Member
well for an open cone in the bay its far better than a lot that sit at the back.

about time someone came up with new ideas, but of course the battery needs moving..with some cold air ductingthis could be quite good.

Suped

Advanced Member
Since they went the whole hog, why not alos stretch the carbon to the throttle body. Makes sense considering how much carbon is used... I'd be tempted if this filter takes off over here. :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
looks cool but forget 18.1 hp, it cannot possibly make that alone. :roll:

alg2500

Hmm interesting,

Where did you find that?

Seen something similar for the EK9 which I think make an extra 6-7hp, but had a nasty curve restricting flow.

What power have people gained from just Gruppe -M

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Yep passwordjdm do this and i dont quite believe the power figures they have quoted on as well. I'll stick to my group m :wink:

I was just interested to see if anyone has actually tried this piece of kit :wink:

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
These are going for $269.00 without shipping :wink: and if you want the full kit with the battery relocator then its a hefty $459.00 without shipping again!! :shock:

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Plus import duty.

Come on people.

* Open cone filter
* Filter situated in engine bay in close proximity to engine
* No heat shield
* Battery relocation
* 18BHP? Give me a break. That's what they said about the K&N Typhoon and AEM V2 Short RAM :roll: I bet 17.999BHP of that is noise.

We've seen this sort of kit before. And just because it features a carbon box and costs a bomb from Japan doesn't mean jack. You wouldn't look twice if it had Pipercross stamped on it now would you?

I would honestly recommend the standard airbox over this sort of kit.

At least it has a cold air feed.

keevster

Advanced Member
Have to agree with Conor here, standard airbox all the way for me :lol:

I bought a K+N typhoon a few weeks ago, knowing it wasny going to give me any gains, probably loses. But it was going cheap and i new i would punt it on easily enough to a CTR owner, which i have done already :lol:

My tests where probably far from accurate, as i used GPS speed between distances, flat out from a rolling start there was a whole 0.3mph of a difference between stock :lol:
In gear speeds the tyhoon was loosing me speed from point to point, throttle response at low revs was Kack :oops: compared with the stock box with panel filter.
When i opened the engine bay after my runs, and put my hand on the filter, you could have fried an egg on it :lol:

I know this aint entirely accurate what i have carried out, but it gave me the rough idea of what i actually new, that most induction kits on the market are Kack, noise :lol:

Closed boxes all the way, with an acceptable cold air feed, like Gruppe M for instance. The standard box on our cars aint too bad a design :wink:

Paul :wink:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
Plus import duty.

Come on people.

* Open cone filter
* Filter situated in engine bay in close proximity to engine
* No heat shield
* Battery relocation
* 18BHP? Give me a break. That's what they said about the K&N Typhoon and AEM V2 Short RAM :roll: I bet 17.999BHP of that is noise.

We've seen this sort of kit before. And just because it features a carbon box and costs a bomb from Japan doesn't mean jack. You wouldn't look twice if it had Pipercross stamped on it now would you?

I would honestly recommend the standard airbox over this sort of kit.

At least it has a cold air feed.
Nail hit on head.