No automatic function on the drivers window!!??

Adz

Advanced Member
Had the battery off today for half an hour or so.. new one is on, and everything seems fine.. Except!... that auto up/down fucntion has stopped workin! :cry:

Any ideas?...

Duckhunter

Adz

I had the same problem when my bat got disconected to fit new Idol Air Control Valve.

After I put it all the way down and back up again it started working. You have probably tried this already but worth a mention.

DH

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Hi ya mate

no problem

Just hold the drivers side window switch down for 5 secs (after the window goes all the way down) then put it back up .. then your (one shot) will work again....

UW

Adz

Advanced Member
Nice 1 lads!! :D
It works again!
I think thats gotta be one of the quickest solved problems so far! :wink:

Cheers again!

T666YPR

It's a very useful one as well,seeing as it's going to happen to most of us at some point :D

Nice one Mark 8)

Caroline

I have another problem with my auto window though. It goes up to the top and then jumps back down an inch or so. Only happens on auto though for some reason. Anybody ever had this problem

Adz

Advanced Member
Hiya Caz!!! :p Thought you'd sold your DC5?? :?

I have had a similar problem.. mine goes just over half way up and sumtimes jumps back down bout an inch or two?.. Was thinkin it mite just be the window being sticky and causing it to stop like that.. but not too sure?.. mite be a glitch??

Ne one else?

Caroline

very hard decision to sell it!! It is going to another girl at the end or the month and I am getting an R34 GTT skyline. Will really miss the tegger though

BlueFin

Hi Caroline, did you post a pic on the gtr forum of your car, a silver GTT?
(apologies for being off topic)

Adz

Advanced Member
Caz Is'nt sthe Skyline gonna be more expensive to run? :?:
You will be missed..
Make sure you pass on the forums addy to the new owner!
...and send us some some pics of your new motor when u get it :D

Caroline

It costs a good bit less to buy and I need cash to put into the house at the house at the moment.

Insurance is less than the ITR so thats not too bad.

Will defo pass on the website details to her. already told her about it so i'm sure she has been on for a look already.

Tarmac

Advanced Member
this actually happens mine every time the battery has been disconnected for any length of time also. it just seems to fix itself after a while - weird tho!

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
Mine's not working since I got it. Tried what someone posted earlier - but maybe doing it wrong!

With engine running, put window all the way down, keep button pressed for 5 secs, then window all the way up again. No difference - anyone see what i'm doing wrong?

Duncs

just a maybe, perhaps you have to disconnect the battery then try again? this may reset the relay

jay.dee

Advanced Member
SpideyMack said:
Mine's not working since I got it. Tried what someone posted earlier - but maybe doing it wrong!

With engine running, put window all the way down, keep button pressed for 5 secs, then window all the way up again. No difference - anyone see what i'm doing wrong?
Drop the window, then back up, keep the switch up for 1 second.

dobber

Advanced Member
The automatic up doesnt work when you have the door open either. Found that out last week after installing my 5Zigen intake. Was panicing for a bit until i got in the car and tested it :)