No quotation

sky insurance

Advanced Member
In response to the family thing-I actually have both parents as named on my current policy as they do use my car on rare occasions (and my quote with Admiral included this), Sky didn't even ask that though..silly me should have mentioned it :( may possibly need to ring again nearer the time, as said before it's a shame as I always like ringing Sky, friendliest/most sincere bunch i've spoken to yet
Hi,

I can only assume our issue is low level of NCB but please feel free to PM me your details (surname, postcode) and I can have a look, if you have claim free experience (eg named driver) we may be able to use this. Please also PM me the details of other vehicles you have been driving.

Thank you

Ollie
Sky Insurance

sky insurance

Advanced Member
So, you youngsters with DC5's insured via Admiral.. are you insured correctly as a DC5's or are you insuring off your registration number incorrectly? :p

coconat

Advanced Member
Wow, response from Sky top class :) will PM you

I called Admiral direct to ensure they were quoting me for a DC5, I'm wary that some insurance companies do get them mixed up or insure for a Civic, plus I have no reg yet!

sky insurance

Advanced Member
I called Admiral direct to ensure they were quoting me for a DC5, I'm wary that some insurance companies do get them mixed up or insure for a Civic, plus I have no reg yet!
Good stuff, you're doing it the right way, unfortunately a lot of others do not.. there will be a lot of incorrectly insured DC5's out there.. the owners of these will have a fun time if and when they have a claim.

coconat

Advanced Member
I've known 'friends' who have done this and I personally never understood why. You buy insurance for a reason, if something happens and you've lied about it it's going to end badly. If you can't afford it you shouldn't have it really.. (the car, that is! not insurance haha)

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Agreed. I've replied to your PM, it's not good news unfortunately but for the record, the issue we have is the low NCB level but mainly lack of previous experience on a similar vehicle.

Thanks and apologies we cannot help this year.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Agreed. I've replied to your PM, it's not good news unfortunately but for the record, the issue we have is the low NCB level but mainly lack of previous experience on a similar vehicle.
My thoughts exactly, you guys turned me down when I was new to the DC5 as well (2 ncb) for similar reasons, which is why I ended up with Adrian Flux and paying £1600 when I had my DC5 imported. They were the only company I could find that would actually insure me at the time.

Switched to Sky Insurance a year or two later and haven't looked back! Now paying £600, cheers Sky as always :D

I totally get why as well, the DC5 is a MONSTER! I found it quite scary at times when I was new to the car.
I came from a 1.6 fiesta, lol.

So when you do get a DC5 coco.... take it easy!

sky insurance

Advanced Member
My thoughts exactly, you guys turned me down when I was new to the DC5 as well (2 ncb) for similar reasons, which is why I ended up with Adrian Flux and paying £1600 when I had my DC5 imported. They were the only company I could find that would actually insure me at the time.

Switched to Sky Insurance a year or two later and haven't looked back! Now paying £600, cheers Sky as always :D
That first year is the gamble. We have gambled before and lost, in fact I was just explaining to Cocanat that we've had a couple of very high value claims from customers we have taken that specific gamble on.

Glad to see you happy though, you'll find me at the end of a PM if you need to contact us.

coconat

Advanced Member
To be fair to Sky even with 2ncb I only have experience on my Corsa, I should have upgraded a year or so ago but I was saving for the DC5 hah fully intend to ring them back first thing next year, absolute top class customer service

Called A Plan today who also advised they couldn't quote due to my experience so i'll just have to bite the bullet and pay a bit more my first year, good thing I took all this into account saving! :)

coconat

Advanced Member
So when you do get a DC5 coco.... take it easy!
I can honestly say that I know the jump from my corsa to a DC5 is huge, and I fully intend to take it very easy, i've never been about 'showing off' or driving like an idiot, I take pride in my car and just love driving (plus I need to represent my gender better than some do haha)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Exactly the same happened to me pretty much back in 2007 when I got the DC5. Inexperience.

Like you say you can get insured but you will have to pay four figures.

Well worth it though! But seriously take it easy, it's in a different league compared to your corsa.
I'm a careful driver myself (too much pride in my car others can confirm, lol), but the DC5 still almost caught me out a few times!

coconat

Advanced Member
I think I have good restraint, won't be putting my foot down until I'm comfortable with the car and what it can do :) Planning on taking a few weeks off when he gets here just to drive around through the day and get used to it

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Best idea when you are more comfortable is take it on a novice track day, I found that helped me a great deal in understanding the limits alongside like minded people. The DC5 is really a road legal racing car, lol.

lujamil

Advanced Member
So, you youngsters with DC5's insured via Admiral.. are you insured correctly as a DC5's or are you insuring off your registration number incorrectly? :p
Insured 100% correctly. As a DC5. I did call you guys but was told I had to be 23 or so. Infact I called twice and once I was told I had to be 25 and once I was told I had to be 23. You may want to clear that up for me just for the record.