Noise testing advise

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
i know i will probaly get rinced buy dotty and stu! ;) but just a quick question really, im looking into booking a noivce track day at brands next month and i was wondering if anyone has been around brands with the same/similar setup as me. as my only worry is if i will pass the noise test :/ as i dont have acess to a decibel metre ether, i have dc sports manifold and fujtsubo RM01A cat back buy the way.

dotty

Advanced Member
You'll be fine I reckon.

I thought you had a kakimoto which is much louder than the fujitsubo

Dan34

Advanced Member
I do wonder if mine is going to be too loud. Kakimoto Full Mega N1 or whatever its called lol.

dotty

Advanced Member
It's the header which really increases the noise (with a loudish catback)

Dan34

Advanced Member
Ahhh I should be ok, it's not really a loud exhaust. But I don't wan't to be turned away when I turn up! lol.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
i had your exhaust with a mani and it was pretty loud on overun :( and thats what im worried about being turned away :/

Dan34

Advanced Member
I've got standard manifold so hopefully be ok.

RM01A's are super quiet I thought so I would worry about that one.

dotty

Advanced Member
I had no issues at Rockingham with a Toda header, RBC, Gruppe M and Fuji.

It was in a JDM EP3 so more or less the same as a DC5.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Dan34 said:
I've got standard manifold so hopefully be ok.

RM01A's are super quiet I thought so I would worry about that one.
you should be fine with a standard mani! the rm01a was almost stock sounding on my mates teg (with oem mani) on mine its quite loud

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i would think you should be fine, what induction have you got? as an open filter (like an AEM) can cause drivebye problems sometimes. if you are near to brands just pop down any day they have something on track and im sure the guys will noise test you.

raz786

Advanced Member
I got on to brands with Buddyclub mani, Buddyclub prospec full system, k&n typhoon open come filter, JRSC, albeit with the bung in and bang on the limit :lol:

brucey87

Advanced Member
Got me worried i wont pass when i do combe at japfest now lol. Anybody know if the full mani back spoon system will pass sound test at castle combe? Think its 100db limit? Hoping it will be safe as i swapped my n1 for a invauto backbox which is a bit quieter and still mates up to the b-pipe. Still loud as hell though!

dc5ian

Advanced Member
buy my j's 70 rr / custom exhanust, press a button in the car and you can have it silenced or unsilenced

brucey87

Advanced Member
Well i have a bung i can use just incase but i hate using it and sounds crap with it on. Id use it if i have to though. I was safe around silverstone with no bung, but i never got sound tested before i went on? Unless they test it as you're going around?