not a happy bunny - WHY?

V7MAT

clean freak
So last night i go out to watch the football?? wierd start i know, i really don't ever watch footie! decided to drive so i couldn't end up mashed beyond repair and be unable to attend work the next day :eek: After the match i decided to order a pizza, drop mates off and collect pizza before home.....

but after collecting pizza i stopped in town for a few mins to talk to a girl after 10/15 mins a lad walked towards my car and slapped his hand (once) on the bonnet while passing.

i thought.... "ok, leave it and save any potential damage"

next, he walked around in a mullered state and started shouting at me to get out so he could "rip your FUCKING head off!"

i've had no issue with this particular lad so put it down to him being drunk and the fact i have a shiney car (reason?) so, thought about driving off.... but before i could he kicked my drivers door :eek:

After a split seond and seeing his mates arriving i panic'd and hit VTEC to the nearest carpark.

RESULT - creased door.

Why did this happen? honestly.. i did nothing to provoke this attack....................

I reported the incident to the police this morning, i was in a well CCTV'd area, any ideas what outcome i will see? any chance of a payout if they find him guilty??

omadc5

Advanced Member
This makes me mad even! :xmad: some people have no recpect!
Pity his mates wer coming you could of got out and left a big crease on his face!!
I would be lookin to know where he lives!!

V7MAT

clean freak
i hope the CCTV and the facts i named him and have a witness may help.. fuck getting a new door for my car :(

i never usually take my car into town, hence why i was with it. i'm a whimp......... i should of whacked him, but he had GOOD back up!

if the police are no help things could be resolved but i'd rather not get into messy affairs like that. I just want my car to be how it was and deserves to be.. i treat it so well, its not fair someone else can damage it like last night :(

omadc5

Advanced Member
Hopefully somethin will show on the cctv, you done the right thing driving off before his mate came, you could of lost the car and/or been badly hurt!

Hoodster

Advanced Member
Drunken idiots do this kind of crap in citys and towns all over the UK and as all they get if they get punished at all is a silly little fine and a slap on the wrist and I wouldn't expect much to be done by the police this kind of thing is way down on there list of prioritys.

Bring back the birch thats what I say :twisted:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear this. Some people ](*,)

I had a similar incident in one of my old cars where someone threw a bottle at it whilst in town. I drove round the block to see if I could see who it was. Saw 3 guys in there early 40's, so stopped to ask if they had saw anything, half a second later one of them tried to punch me through the open window. :eek: I managed to pull away just enough for the punch to end up hitting the rear quarter window. I drove up to the Police station to report it, when coming out I spotted him and his cronies, so I went back inside and managed to get him banged up for the night. :D

It turns out that they had actually gone up to the station to bail his cousin... :roll:

It actually went to court and he was found guilty, but essentially let off and didn't have to pay damages... :xmad: So I ended up footing the repair bill.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Gutted for you mate, I hope the Police manage to get the scummy little pr1ck!

I just dont understand this type of behaviour I really dont but thank god you did not run him over or knock him out, the witness you have and the CCTV could have ended up backing him up and not you.

Hope you manage to get a decent door, PM Integrastella of here, sure he will have one!

V7MAT

clean freak
cheers guys, i'll keep this thread updated with each stage.

such a shame so many of us have to go through this kind of hassle :(

combo

Similar thing happened to me.

Me and a mate was driving through China town and this guy comes walking up to my mates car infront of me and slams his hands down on the bonnet....He was laughing and smiling so i thought, wow, that's a bit harsh but he must know the guy. Then he comes walking towards my bonnet!

I was shouting out of my window warning him not to touch my car....so ...he supermans through the air landing on my bonnet scraping his belt all over the paintwork!! We was PIIIIISSSSEEDDDD...

Luckily there was 2 of them and... well there was a happy ending for us....I'm not really the type of mug who likes to show off about kicking someone's head in but....If we hadn't have done that it would have eaten me up knowing I let some Cunt get away with it. How dare someone touch your car that you paid your hard earned cash for!

combo

TypeGRRR said:
Sorry to hear this. Some people ](*,)

I had a similar incident in one of my old cars where someone threw a bottle at it whilst in town. I drove round the block to see if I could see who it was. Saw 3 guys in there early 40's, so stopped to ask if they had saw anything, half a second later one of them tried to punch me through the open window. :eek: I managed to pull away just enough for the punch to end up hitting the rear quarter window. I drove up to the Police station to report it, when coming out I spotted him and his cronies, so I went back inside and managed to get him banged up for the night. :D

It turns out that they had actually gone up to the station to bail his cousin... :roll:

It actually went to court and he was found guilty, but essentially let off and didn't have to pay damages... :xmad: So I ended up footing the repair bill.
That take's the utter piss....That guy's left laughing knowing they aren't going to do anything ....the justice system is bullocks....They've basically just encouraged this prick to do it again because he knows they wont touch him!

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
combo said:
That take's the utter urine....That guy's left laughing knowing they aren't going to do anything ....the justice system is bullocks....They've basically just encouraged this prick to do it again because he knows they wont touch him!
It was quite a while ago it happened, I think all the guy got was a 60 day suspended sentence, meaning if he was to re offend within the 60 days, he'd get banged up. :roll:

mark type r

Advanced Member
This makes me sick, he was probably jealous because you have a nice car and were talking to a girl. :xmad: :xmad:

I wouldn't of got out the car if his mates were on the way or it would of been a lot worse!

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
This is one of the reasons i hate this Country sometimes, i had an incident when i had an EP3 4 years ago, i had my wife and 6 month old baby in the car, it was 8pm, when I was confronted with 5 people in the middle of the road who had just spilled out of a pub, I no choice but had to stop and one of the twa*s kicked the rear 1/4 in. I got the police but we couldn't find them. I wish i had run them over, however, the police said it would have been me who was then in toruble - typical.

I have a zero tolerence policy on law and order, years spent in Singapore, the middle east and Japan working, nothing like this ever happend to me there is no tolerence for crime and it just dosen't happen.

I could go on for ages but I won't. One of the reason i have two cars, i never use my DC5 when its dark or going into town during the day or night, public car parks etc. Very sad state of the nation, when i have another opportunity to leave I will.

jay82

Advanced Member
i remembered about four years ago the same thing happened to me, but the nob was standing on my bonnet shouting while kicking my window screen :xmad:
so slapped the car in reveres and he hoped his head of the bonnet, then off the ground,
just told the gards that i was about to pull off and he jumped on the bonnet and fell :twisted:
best part was he had to pay hospital bills and for my car :lol:

just don't no what does be going true peoples heads with drink on them.

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
That sucks big time. Hope the prick gets caught.

I would still prefer that tho to coming back to find some prick has run a key round my car (which I did once).

You should be allowed to run idiots like that over. I remember a story about a woman surrounded by gippo's. One lay down in front of the car to stop her escape. She proceeded to crush his legs and cripple him. Cheeky sod tried to sue her for it. From what I remember she got away with it and rightly so.

I wonder if in situatuations like that if "fearing for your life" and "in a blind panic" you happen mow said nob down, if you would get away with it. Probably not but it would be worth a try.

roncee

Advanced Member
Sorry to be unhelpful but a similar thing happened to my old golf in a car park. Police were absolutely useless. Even after ringing the CCTV company/council they said they couldnt release the footage unless the police asked for it. the police were too busy too care! multiple phone calls to the station to faceless officers and i gave up. bottom line was i had to foot the bill.

My doctor mate 3 weeks after buying a new elise was driving through town and a drunk person "fell" on his car, causing a lot of damage to the carbon fibre panels. He confronted them and there was a bit of an argument but no fighting, the police attended and cautioned my mate i think for public disorder and the drunk guys got away scott free!!!! 3k of damage and for a doctor a caution is a lifelong black mark. Such a joke this country.

synchro

Advanced Member
I'd ripped his '[]=-ing head off.
You DON'T %^&" WITH A MANS AUTOMOBILE!!!!!! :xrealangry: :xmad: :xmad: