not a happy bunny - WHY?

neilaston87

Advanced Member
I tend not to take my car into situations where this could happen because i know i would lose my temper.

Jealusy is a strange thing.

Hope things get sorted, but as for him paying for the damage... its doubtful. I work in insurance and vadelism/criminal damage claims its rare we make a recovery. First of all the person needs to be convicted of the offence, then you have to issue county court proceedings. Long winded and often fruitless as people like that tend not to have a penny to their name and end up paying a pound a month for the rest of their life.

V7MAT

clean freak
cheers guys, had the police round just now... looks like they'll get a conviction. I had a compensation form, i asked how likely getting a payout would be.....

"depends if hes working or not"

great! if not it could be a £5 a week payment scheme :(

V7MAT

clean freak
MilanoChris said:
You have more patience than me, I would have knocked his head off. :evil:
but on CCTV and with witnesses it'd have gone against me in the end. once car is repair and paid for we can move to step 2 :twisted:

Fudge

Advanced Member
i debated with myself whether or not to post this but i decided to eventually.

i'd be very careful what you post with regards to comments like the previous one lol.

if you keep yourself completely in the right they never have a comeback but one little slip or comment even if meant as a joke can be taken the wrong way in a court lol

i work in construction which has horribly bad records with the law hence why i thought id pop up and spoil the day with an annoying post lol.

On the other side i also hope he gets what he deserves (in court)

V7MAT

clean freak
i here what you are saying fudge, i'm not in a position to take action though myself other than via legal proceedings.

Martctr

Advanced Member
Least you might get somewhere with that.

When I had an EP3 I lived in a young chav area with street parking. One day I'd just driven to my girlfriends and got out the car and my jaw dropped as I noticed a Key mark going from the rear light all the way across to the wing!! I was gutted. I couldn't see the point in getting it fixed as I was hoping to move so I got some black electrical tape (nighthawk black ep3) and covered the mark.

Week later there was a loud bang outside as a bunch of chavs kicked in a mini door and moved onto my car. I ran out as quickly as possible armed with a bat. I'm not exactly a big guy yet this gang of teenagers were running before I'd even got out the front door.

I looked at my car with a torch and noticed finger marks where they had tried to find the key mark!!

I called the police, but they came round and said they had driven about, but couldnt see the group of youths and that was it.

Cost me £350 to have the side respayed, but the guy doing it did a lousy job and the rear quarters paint was flat! All the guy would do is offer to buff it up and after a day it was dull again! Sold the car in the end :xcry:

And to add insult to injury a ford asbo hit the wing and drove off!!! Must of cost him a fair bit to get his car touched up as my wing was bright orange :xspank:

DC5 is never left in a street, car park, or public place as people are scum