OEM clutch is Excedy or Blueprint?

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
looking to buy a clutch kit from Honda... part number is: 22105PRA305

some has told me oem is excedy and some has said blueprint..

phoned up Honda parts and asked the guy and he said he had no clue... :( any ideas?

dotty

Advanced Member
Just buy the one from Honda. I remember hearing they're made by OS Giken.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I'd go with Genuine OEM Honda, they can be bought online for very competitive prices from reputable suppliers.

I believe there was issues with the Exedy kits with release bearings going noisy very quickly...

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
I'd go with Genuine OEM Honda, they can be bought online for very competitive prices from reputable suppliers.

I believe there was issues with the Exedy kits with release bearings going noisy very quickly...
ah ok.. thanks for the heads up.. will be ordering from COX then.. :)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
They deserve to in fairness. Great pricing, service and exceptional delivery times. Can't best them!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

yosin

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:

Tegiwa Imports said:
To clear everything up,

Honda is made by Daikin, which is also known as Exedy.
So does this mean the release bearing is noisy in general then?

I have a blue print clutch and find it a little noisy and I've just changed it roughly a month ago.

jazmo

The release bearing on my Exedy is a little noisy already, fitted it just under a year ago

bennn

Advanced Member
At £162 I'd be ordering a genuine one from Cox.

I've heard of people having issues with Exedy replacements and if the original one last 80k or so it would be a no brainer for me.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Sorry to resurrect a thread. By by noisy release bearing... is this in general or when high RPM shifting and downshifting?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
As above just get one from Cox.

Excellent service too, really quick delivery and well packaged.

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
I put in a genuine exedy just 9 months ago and I'm not to impressed with how it's held up, the clutch forks/spring things are going a little weak, I'd say it's about 50 percent worn already, just shy of over 8k miles (enthusiastic) I might add, no track days but bits and pieces of spirited driving and shifting,

If I was going for another clutch I'd defiantly look into a stage one or stage 2, oem is just to soft unless you are using the teg as a normal daily driver car.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Tegiwa Imports said:
Just so people know for the future we will BEAT any price, even vs COX MOTOR PARTS and HOLDCROFT etc.
but then you will just over charge on delivery making it redundant...