OEM clutch is Excedy or Blueprint?

dc55_11

Advanced Member
I must be going mad, but I thought the Exedy and Honda clutches are exactly the same apart from release baring, as Exedy do the clutches for Honda anyways? Either way I recently installed a Stage 1 Exedy clutch from Tom at TGM and it has been perfect ! Done well over 10k on it and no issues whatsoever

integraleo

Advanced Member
I asked romain this at eurospec the other week and he actually said even a stage 4 isn't much different in terms of feel. Said it's still quite light.

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
I'm pretty sure a stage 4 will be stiffer and snappier than an oem style clutch, more like an on off switch than the progressive oem clutch.

dc55_11

Advanced Member
In my case there was a substantial difference between the oem clutch and Stage 1. The pedal was much firmer and also would spring back a lot quicker almost kicking your foot backwards. After getting used to that it meant much quicker gear changes.But there is a definite difference between the two, you get used to it though and its fine for normal everyday driving

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
A lot of people on here say there's no need to go uprated unless you're running upwards of 300bhp.

I had a 150bhp CRX running an uprated Excedy clutch and I loved it. Was a bit harder to press especially at low revs and smelt of eggs but at speed the gear changes were lovely, zero crunches. Gear changes just felt so much nicer.

Looking at prices, uprated clutches aren't that much more expensive than OEM.