OEM wheel colour choice

Proctor

Advanced Member
integraleo said:

That's the carbon bronze wheels fitted to woppys car before I bought them
These are pretty much identical to mine! thought mine were different for once, obviously not! haha

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I had some wheels painted in bmw sepang bronze A32. They looked smart, especially in the sun. Not oem wheels but you get the idea

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
Enamel black, will get some closer shots when its clean again :)

Your car looks lovely and blue!

Is it a facelift? Blue looks so dark and lush. See when I see them looking this good I fall in love with blue again.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
No mate its a 2001!

I think darker wheels makes the blue look deeper. I would imagine someone who knows about colour would be able to explain this.

dave7368

Advanced Member
OEM wheels should be left whatever colour they are, then taken off the car and left in the garage..

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
No mate its a 2001!

I think darker wheels makes the blue look deeper. I would imagine someone who knows about colour would be able to explain this.
I dunno you know, black wheels against blue do bring out the colour more and give it more emphasis for sure but yours looks very dark, looks almost facelift blue. That's the kind of deep blue colour I want mine to look like.

Mine's getting a machine polish in August hopefully, just need to wait for the detail guy to book me a slot. Has yours been machine polished? Guess a lot of it comes down to the overall condition of the car, clearly yours is very good.

Hey North Wales meet July 19th if you fancy it.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
OEM wheels should be left whatever colour they are, then taken off the car and left in the garage..
Alright moneybags! We can't all afford new wheels ha ha! :xgrin:

integraleo

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
I'm not a wheel whore and don't want to spend £1000+ on new wheels. I actually really like the oem wheels

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
I'm not a wheel whore and don't want to spend £1000+ on new wheels. I actually really like the oem wheels
So do I.

The only thing they're lacking is a bit of concave.

kazmo

Advanced Member
haha, sorry crazylegs, am with dave on this one, oem wheels are awful, nothing wrong with £1000+ or more on wheels.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I dunno you know, black wheels against blue do bring out the colour more and give it more emphasis for sure but yours looks very dark, looks almost facelift blue. That's the kind of deep blue colour I want mine to look like.

Mine's getting a machine polish in August hopefully, just need to wait for the detail guy to book me a slot. Has yours been machine polished? Guess a lot of it comes down to the overall condition of the car, clearly yours is very good.

Hey North Wales meet July 19th if you fancy it.
Chucked it in the calendar and will see if i can get a pass :) Will look up the details.
Just meguires wash wax and some simmons i picked up cheat at tesco of all places. Waiting for a friend to give ti a machine polish before i try a few other products.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
haha, sorry crazylegs, am with dave on this one, oem wheels are awful, nothing wrong with £1000+ or more on wheels.
They're not awful, of course aftermarket wheels are nicer but not all of us have thousands and thousands of pounds where we can splash it on the likes of wheels, suspensions, final drives, exhausts so we have to make do with what we've got.

MissMyDC2 said:
Chucked it in the calendar and will see if i can get a pass :) Will look up the details.
Just meguires wash wax and some simmons i picked up cheat at tesco of all places. Waiting for a friend to give ti a machine polish before i try a few other products.
Nice one, hopefully it will go ahead.

The Civic Cup is on at Anglesey the same day though and Coyote, Luke, CaLi and I all went to that last year which was decent but personally I'd rather go on a drive.

Rom

Advanced Member
The thing ive found with oem wheels. Is they get no attention. People just see oem and thats it. A tattier car, with any old alloys, will be looked at, just because people associate non oem alloys with modified.

I had my oems redone in NH0 with stickers off ebay.
I have been looking at a set of Work Kiwamis, but not bitten the bullet yet. Mainly due to colour, the white they do is too white to go on a Champ White car, and im unsure on Bronze.

I have just picked up a set of Enkeis for a little test with something though.

integraleo

Advanced Member
See I'm really not bothered about people looking at my car,I don't buy things for them to enjoy I buy it for myself. Everyone on this forum hates my front bumper, but do you know what I really couldn't give a monkeys because I like it. If people in the street I drive past don't like my wheels or don't look at my car,so what. Mod it for yourself not others

alan-lee

Advanced Member
I dont really think this post was a debate on should you or should you not buy aftermarket wheels so lets just keep it that way folks!

Depends on the car i suppose but gunmetal looks awesome on any colour as seen by many of the perfect examples posted