OEM wheel colour choice

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Rom said:
The thing ive found with oem wheels. Is they get no attention. People just see oem and thats it. A tattier car, with any old alloys, will be looked at, just because people associate non oem alloys with modified.

I had my oems redone in NH0 with stickers off ebay.
I have been looking at a set of Work Kiwamis, but not bitten the bullet yet. Mainly due to colour, the white they do is too white to go on a Champ White car, and im unsure on Bronze.

I have just picked up a set of Enkeis for a little test with something though.
See I disagree, my car gets lots of attention and this is because of the wheels. Yes they're gloss white which is a massive contrast to the blue but I'm convinced that's why people look at it and ask me questions about it. I was at the missus' last weekend and we were sat in her front room. The car was parked right outside the house and some young lads walked past and said "Whoaaaaaaaa, look at them wheels and that front bumper!" ha ha!

I was quite shocked actually so they do make a difference. Aftermarket wheels are stunning especially Works CR Kai but only some of us can afford them and I'm not one of them so I have to make do with what I have.

Rom

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
See I disagree, my car gets lots of attention and this is because of the wheels. Yes they're gloss white which is a massive contrast to the blue but I'm convinced that's why people look at it and ask me questions about it. I was at the missus' last weekend and we were sat in her front room. The car was parked right outside the house and some young lads walked past and said "Whoaaaaaaaa, look at them wheels and that front bumper!" ha ha!

I was quite shocked actually so they do make a difference. Aftermarket wheels are stunning especially Works CR Kai but only some of us can afford them and I'm not one of them so I have to make do with what I have.
Sorry I should have clarified exactly what I meant.
At Japfest (or any place in an abundance of tegs) ... Oem wheels get you no where.

My car gets plenty of attention in a normal environment. Though I still don't think it's the wheels in my case. Being white on white. The car itself just stands out compared to most cars. It's always clean, looks tidy etc. They are just an uncommon car, so will always get attention. Oh, and they look pretty racy too haha.

dave7368

Advanced Member
alan-lee said:
I dont really think this post was a debate on should you or should you not buy aftermarket wheels so lets just keep it that way
me too ! no idea how that happened...

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
I had some wheels painted in bmw sepang bronze A32. They looked smart, especially in the sun. Not oem wheels but you get the idea

I like the bronze a lot

What BMW uses this?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Was a lush bronze. But I couldn't own a BMW in that colour though. Haha Google bmw sepang bronze a32 and look at one, you will have seen one :)

p1tse

Advanced Member
Wow, amazing how that colour looks so good on the wheel on a CW teg but agreed not my taste too on full on car