Pic Request: Rota Wheels

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Few more for you to show how they are in different lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight

Advanced Member
We've gone with Rota's.

What's evident is that there is a lot of wheel snobbery.

Must have an amazing example with Nitron coilovers, Ap brakes and gold subframes 😂

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
We've gone with Rota's.

What's evident is that there is a lot of wheel snobbery.

Must have an amazing example with Nitron coilovers, Ap brakes and gold subframes 😂
Haha. For me it's more about not wanting (myself) to pay money to companies who openly copy others designs and ideas. From my point of view with what I've said above it's not snobbery (at least from my standpoint).

Your comment on gold sub frames made me lol. Are you coming next weekend to Barton Marina?

Midnight

Advanced Member
Don't get me wrong, if we didn't have other plans we would have gone with new rays. However when the Rota's are proven to work, work well the additional funds we save can go towards the other items we want. Like most things it's a compromise and can't justify £3000 for wheels and tyres at the moment.

Maybe in a few months time though.

Yes we are 👍🏼

SamDC5

Advanced Member
There was a set of Mugen GP's for sale, £1400 if I remember correctly with decent tyres if you're interested I can pass you on to him.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Would either want AR1's or R888R for tyres. That's an additional £600 on any second hand wheels we buy.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Two have brand new AD08R's on and the other two have Pirelli P7's on, he wanted £1200

Midnight

Advanced Member
Good price that is, not a fan of the AD08's though.

We've gone with the Rota's for now. Time will tell if it was correct choice 👍🏼

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Good price that is, not a fan of the AD08's though.

We've gone with the Rota's for now. Time will tell if it was correct choice 👍🏼
Glad your coming to the meet mate. What don't you like about AD08Rs? Out of interest?

Midnight

Advanced Member
They simply are not as good as other 'track' tyres.

They are good for the price, but over hyped as a track tyre. R888R are superior, trying the AR1's next so will offer a review on those after the next track day. 👍🏼

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Fsir comment but I think it's general knowledge they're not as good on track as an out and out track tyre. The A048 is yokohamas take on a full on track tyre

Midnight

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Fsir comment but I think it's general knowledge they're not as good on track as an out and out track tyre. The A048 is yokohamas take on a full on track tyre
Agree!

However a fair few reviews are over hyped. But like most thing if your used to a Toyo T1R they'll be fantastic. If you're used to more focused tyres they'll feel poor.

They for me belong with NS2R and RSR's.

Also R888R or AR1's are not full track tyres but more suited for sure 👍🏼

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Agree!

However a fair few reviews are over hyped. But like most thing if your used to a Toyo T1R they'll be fantastic. If you're used to more focused tyres they'll feel poor.

Also R888R or AR1's are not full track tyres but more suited for sure 👍🏼
I think that's a perfectly fair comparison with the NS2R. A road tyre that can tolerate the odd track day! Look forward to seeing your 5 at Barton pal!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Agree!

Also R888R or AR1's are not full track tyres but more suited for sure
Good that you think that‘s as that‘s exactly where they belong. They are not track tyres, they are ultra high performance road tyres.

A048 are comparable to R888R and not AD08R.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Good that you think that‘s as that‘s exactly where they belong. They are not track tyres, they are ultra high performance road tyres.

A048 are comparable to R888R and not AD08R.
AD08R gives 90% the grip that an A048 gives but wears much harder. There are lads going though front A048's in one track day whereas AD08R will last multiple days with very similar lap times.

I'm confused? Which one is it Chris?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
The A048 is the semi slick track variant whereas the high performance road varients that will be suitable for a few notice track guys doing a few laps for fun.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
The A048 is the semi slick track variant whereas the high performance road varients that will be suitable for a few notice track guys doing a few laps for fun.
I was being facetious Chris, fully aware the A048, Dz03g and R888 is a superior tyre.