Pioneer AVH-X8500BT??

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Has anyone had an experience with this head unit? Seems to check out okay and has some great features,

Was also wondering if there is a difference between the Appmode on this and the Appradio2?

Mark_teg

Staff member
I have the 8400bt (not sure of the difference?).
It's a superb head unit! Only thing is I've just upgraded to an iPhone 5 and need a new lead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sylar122

Advanced Member
yeah ive heard a few problems concerning the new iphones... i believe they have been resolved now though?

Do you know if this head unit runs dash command app?

Mark_teg

Staff member
yeah ive heard a few problems concerning the new iphones... i believe they have been resolved now though?

Do you know if this head unit runs dash command app?

I don't sorry. But I'm guessing it'll use the same structure and have the same options as other app radios..

I'm currently on the search for the lead, let me know if you see them...

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
I don't sorry. But I'm guessing it'll use the same structure and have the same options as other app radios..

Is'nt the lead supplied by apple??? im sure someone said it was.

Mark_teg

Staff member

Is'nt the lead supplied by apple??? im sure someone said it was.

I doubt it, pioneer maybe.

Mark_teg

Staff member
I doubt it, pioneer maybe.

Which lead is it your looking for?

Pioneer radio to iPhone 5 mate.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Pioneer radio to iPhone 5 mate.
i always thought there were two leads? like coming from the Pioneer into a HDMI then into the iPhone... that might be the android set up though.

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
I have the 2500 model on my Evo and it works perfect :)
i also just put this into my teg and its a really good bit of kit, phone bluetooth works perfect, i know the pioneer head unit don't work with the new apple IOS 7 they are working on a update for the head units.

I work in motor factors and we fitted app radio to a customers car to find it didn't work with the ios 7 software :xaiweb6: waste of a hour that was lol

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Jones_XD said:
i also just put this into my teg and its a really good bit of kit, phone bluetooth works perfect, i know the pioneer head unit don't work with the new apple IOS 7 they are working on a update for the head units.

I work in motor factors and we fitted app radio to a customers car to find it didn't work with the ios 7 software :xaiweb6: waste of a hour that was lol
Nice to know! Will definitely wait a while now.

Mark_teg

Staff member
I have the 2500 model on my Evo and it works perfect :)

Can you let us know when they sort an update please? :)

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Thanks. I'm holding off on buying anything at the moment, especially at that price.
The apple USB lead works fine for charging, just not for audio.. Hope the update mentioned above will sort this.
no worries mate i went into Halfords the other day enquiring apparently you have to spend over 100 pound just for a lead from Apple to get in connected???? for the Iphone 5's its robbery!!