Please be careful if tracking...

Duncs

i am no expert but i guess the 2 pockets are designed to hold the oil in the pan rather than let it climb up the walls in extreme cornering. so maintaining an adequate supply to the pump pick up which is situated in the flat part of the pan.
the club rsx looks a little to complicated for its own good, i'm sure it works but there is an awful lot of metal in there!

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
TBH Baffling the sump is overkill unless you are doing banked circuits, or creating big G round the corners, if you use hard springs in coilovers set up and race slicks for example, and race geo. Rockingham is not good for road cars, nor is the banking at Oulton Park.

BTW the DC2 is known to have issues when running slicks, hard suspension, something to do with the positioning IIRC.

IIRC don't you need to lift the engine in the DC5 to fit the sump?

After my car (b16b) was sold I was told the bottom end was about to go, I put this down to using Slicks, and hard springs doing circuits like Oulton on a regular basis.

As Mark said ensuring your car has a healthy amount of Oil is going to help and for those who do the odd trackday 3/4 a year its something you really don't need to worry about, espeacily if you are on road tyres.

T666YPR

As you might notice Matt,my modding knows no limits at the mo...

..I have plenty more in store :wink:

Damn this bl00dy car :evil: :lol:

Plus,going too fast sideways CAN'T be healthy and I'm sure I'll be doing far too much of that :oops:

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
Well I ended up going with the Prototype Racing baffle/trap door oilpan. It is in the mail as we speak along with my cams and ECU. Yes I am still without the car. It has been a long long 2 months+.