Pollen Filter Replacement

PeteMTBer

You're right Chalkie!

10 seconds is all it took to discover mine are empty too.
Took a lot longer to sort through all the crap in the glovebox but all tidy now.

I did wonder why it got so dusty!

Should I look to order some or ask the Honda garage it came from why they are missing?
It is 18months since I bought it though.

As for my runabout, I get blasted with leaves and all sorts and as far I can tell the EJ2 has no cabin filter at all!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I haven't seen this 'HOW TO'

Awesome job! Will check mine in a bit, worried what I am gonna find! ha ha.

Meguiars Microfiber as well, good lad, lol

firthy22

Advanced Member
Checked mine last week and ditto, nothing there but £25 ansd 10 mins later was all sorted :) Courtesy of my local Honda dealer who actually had something in stock for once :rolleyes:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Wondering if they remove these during SVA as to avoid cross pollination or for some sort of foreign contaminant issue?

Anyway, great link, ordered me a set!

:xcheers:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-Type-R-EP3-Blueprint-ADL-Pollen-Filter-/150575493666?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230effb222#ht_500wt_922

You know not having those filters is actually bad for your health apparently... :blink:

AlanS

Advanced Member
mine didnt have them either, the parts guy mentioned they dont come as standard when new?

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-Type-R-EP3-Blueprint-ADL-Pollen-Filter-/150575493666?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230effb222#ht_500wt_922

I'll set up a GB on these. They did us a decent deal on the hoses. =D>

PeteMTBer

Ordered mine wednesday night, Arrived friday morning! Can't argue with that! Matt Lewis Motorsport ftw

brucey87

Advanced Member
WTF! Mine are missing too, whats all that about? Glad this thread was started i never would of thought to look or even change them.

There was a cloud of dust on the motorway the other day which i drove through and instantly there was dust in the car. That would be the reason then! Just ordered me a set.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Right, sorted mine out today!!!

Wondering if you can add this to your original post please Dan?

If you have never had pollen filters in your car, you will have 2 plastic plates that need removing from the trays. These prevent the Pollen Filter from sitting in place correctly, they also make the air filtering less efficient if left in and can damage the paper element of the filter if not removed. (Think of the weight saving too!, lol)

Cut the thin plastic tabs away that are holding it to the frame on the tray with a sharp knife:

This is how they should look now, Left is correct, right is incorrect:

Do the same to the other tray so you now have 2 perfect non restricted filtering trays.

Now just replace them back in the Filter Cabin behind the glove box! Job Done!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Pointless,really. @£14 from MLMS,get them ordered. :wink:

Ordered some,just now.

I'm pretty sure I haven't missed having them though. :xconfused:
I have a touch of hayfever and sometimes my eyes randomly start to sting when I am driving, lol. Hopefully this will fix the problem for me!

firthy22

Advanced Member
Right, sorted mine out today!!!

Wondering if you can add this to your original post please Dan?

If you have never had pollen filters in your car, you will have 2 plastic plates that need removing from the trays. These prevent the Pollen Filter from sitting in place correctly, they also make the air filtering less efficient if left in and can damage the paper element of the filter if not removed. (Think of the weight saving too!, lol)

Cut the thin plastic tabs away that are holding it to the frame on the tray with a sharp knife:

This is how they should look now, Left is correct, right is incorrect:

Do the same to the other tray so you now have 2 perfect non restricted filtering trays.

Now just replace them back in the Filter Cabin behind the glove box! Job Done!
Dooohhh :( Wonder why mine didn't seem to seat properly, now I know. Will take them out again and cut the piece of plastic off, thanks for the info.

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Your not the only one mate, im in the same boat as you may do it all again tomorrow :rolleyes:

I wonder why none of our cars have these fitted its strange :xconfused:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Your not the only one mate, im in the same boat as you may do it all again tomorrow :rolleyes:

I wonder why none of our cars have these fitted its strange :xconfused:
Yep! I think a lot of people still have that plastic bit, I noticed a mate had the same plastic bit still attached, so thought it best to get Dan to update the post which he did :xcheers:

Some guy on here a few posts before said that they were an optional extra in Japan? So could be that!

When I put the paper filter in, it just wouldn't sit properly, noticed the plastic with the thin tabs pushing against it and thought... ah... those need to come off!
I think it is just the bit left over where the trays are injection moulded.