Poor Fuel Consumption

dotty

Advanced Member
CUJ said:
Started her up this morning, fuel light on, drove to work a few miles away, got back in it at 5.30pm, reading 1/3 tank, wtf lol! :xlol:
Sounds like you have an iffy gauge.

CUJ

Advanced Member
dotty said:
CUJ said:
Started her up this morning, fuel light on, drove to work a few miles away, got back in it at 5.30pm, reading 1/3 tank, wtf lol! :xlol:
Sounds like you have an iffy gauge.
Would I be right in thinking this is a fairly easy fix to get it replaced?

elfman

What mods do you guys that are running 35mpg have? i'm running a 350z atm and wouldnt mind something a little bit more eco with the miles i'm doing. seen a nice 02 DC5 with a full buddy club exhuast and mugen ECU but imagine these will mean it'll do less miles :(

mike.williams

Advanced Member
picked my dc5 up from edinburgh on saturday, 225 miles

80% motorway, managed that to 3/4 tank but never dropped below 80mph (was mostly doin 90mph tho), gave it plenty of vtec too on 95 octane (previous owner filled it, wasnt to happy about that)

proably did another 25-30 miles when home, showing my mates the car, again plenty of vtec

fuel was low but no light on, put 45 litres Vpower in it to fill it up.

what size tank is it?? 50 litres?? if it is i still had 5 litres left.

back to reality now first day back in work doing my 25 mile commute each way, no vtec though. going to see how i get on

armjoker

Advanced Member
If u had 5L left in tank and no light came on, it means u have problem there. Usually the light comes on near 10L, after goes of and comes on again near 7-8L

rodney

Advanced Member
VT-Doo said:
Do you have K-Pro?

Poor MPG is a classic sign of the O2 sensor failing :(
Ian,

My Primary 02 has gone pop.

Where you say failing, does it deteriorate? As since shortly after being mapped, Ive had terrible MPG but the CEL light only came on when I arrived at the garage.

I purchased a brand new 02 from Dave J to find there is still no signal from the 02. Romain thinks the original 02 may have cooked the wires hence no reading with a new 02. Romain said he had never seen that before. The car's with him now.

Thus I may have a brand new Primary 02 sensor for sale. Dave said he sold 5 last week :shock:

Would you see poor MPG as the primary is dying or just when it dies :?:

Thanks.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
The O2 sensor won't necessarily fail all of a sudden...look around the forum and you'll notice there are many examples of people's EML on one day and not the next.

I've never heard of the wiring failing though.
If it were my car I start by look at the ECU via the laptop then proceed to measure voltages across ECU pins following the wires to find the break, if there is one.

There are a few codes which relate to the primary O2 sensor, which one do you have? KManager should tell you.

rascal69

Advanced Member
Normaly get 250+ on a full tank of v power. £60
Long journeys I have hit over 300+
With very little vtec and taking it easy I can get nearly 300.