possibly stripping the teg

integraleo

Advanced Member
well i recieved the call today from the body repair shop saying my dc5 will more than likely be written off,im just waiting for the call from the insurance company to confirm this.i will be looking to buy the car back off them and strip it for parts if its at the right price.wasnt fron end impact it was squeezed between a tractor and an astra so engine is undamaged but it did rip out the driveshaft from the gearbox so unsure yet til i get a closer look if gearbox is damaged.
making up a list of what the parts are worth anyone feel free to comment but the main things would be

engine: what are they going for now £2000-3000?
seats in black unmarked with bolster repaired £500-700?
steering wheel £300??
mugen induction kit £250-350??
bose system front and rear speakers and bass box fitted in rear tyre well (off rsx in the US) £200-250??

thats just off the top of my head ive not looked into it yet but are those prices about right?
what else goes for good money? its also got the rear parcel shelf but if i get another dc5 i will be using that.
wheels needed a refurb in the first place and now there is a small gouge taken out of passenger wheel,unsure if buckled at all yet.
has anyone else stripped a right off on here?

Stoo

Whining.....
Bose's struggle to Make more than £100 mate. Colour is the car?

cpoh

Advanced Member
well i recieved the call today from the body repair shop saying my dc5 will more than likely be written off,im just waiting for the call from the insurance company to confirm this.i will be looking to buy the car back off them and strip it for parts if its at the right price.wasnt fron end impact it was squeezed between a tractor and an astra so engine is undamaged but it did rip out the driveshaft from the gearbox so unsure yet til i get a closer look if gearbox is damaged.
making up a list of what the parts are worth anyone feel free to comment but the main things would be

engine: what are they going for now £2000-3000?
seats in black unmarked with bolster repaired £500-700?
steering wheel £300??
mugen induction kit £250-350??
bose system front and rear speakers and bass box fitted in rear tyre well (off rsx in the US) £200-250??

thats just off the top of my head ive not looked into it yet but are those prices about right?
what else goes for good money? its also got the rear parcel shelf but if i get another dc5 i will be using that.
wheels needed a refurb in the first place and now there is a small gouge taken out of passenger wheel,unsure if buckled at all yet.
has anyone else stripped a right off on here?
Id say those prices are extremely optimistic mate. I know in Ireland you wouldnt get near that price even if it was in euros. A mate picked up a steering wheel for his dc2 for €200 and a fella swapped a k20a and gearbox into his track crx, dc5 engine cost him €2300

Grov

Banned
At a guess, you'd probably get 1500 for the engine. If seats are in good nick 500-700 is about right id say.

integraleo

Advanced Member
At a guess, you'd probably get 1500 for the engine. If seats are in good nick 500-700 is about right id say.
ok guys all information is helpfull,those prices were just off the top of my head without really looking that hard yet.car is blue with black interior.
o i forgot the brembo's im sure ive seen them sell for around £300-400?
and as for the bose set up it is full set up not including head unit but the bass box does now have the mini amp fitted.that item alone cost me £45 by the time i imported it from the US

alfa27

Advanced Member
Id say those prices are extremely optimistic mate. I know in Ireland you wouldnt get near that price even if it was in euros. A mate picked up a steering wheel for his dc2 for €200 and a fella swapped a k20a and gearbox into his track crx, dc5 engine cost him €2300
infairness dc5's are making s**t money in ireland, prices in england are higher.

Stoo

Whining.....
Complete Bose systems, Inc sub, amp and speakers go for around 80quid mate.

I am interested if you want to sell it complete for near that price

What colour is the car?
Condition of the rear bumper??

integraleo

Advanced Member
rear bumper is unblemished it didnt get damaged at all.i only had the front bumper,both wings and rear bumper resprayed last friday!!!!

eXceed

Resident Driver
First dibs on gearbox even if it's only the internals that survived the impact!
And powersteering pump :) please :).
Let me know!!

integraleo

Advanced Member
First dibs on gearbox even if it's only the internals that survived the impact!
And powersteering pump :) please :).
Let me know!!
lol ive not even got a price on buying the car back yet??
what i might end up doing is buying another dc2 (much better handling out the box) and fit the k20 engine.just a thought at the minute.
reasoning behind it is i prefer the look and feel of the dc2 but the k20 engine is easier to live with day to day and has more scope for tuning,therefore perfecr combination for me is dc2 with k20.
o and front bumper has small split up by honda badge and both sides are now scuffed up.rear is perfect tho

integraleo

Advanced Member
i find it odd that the engine would only be worth 1500?
a decent b18c engine fetches almost 2 grand all day long,low milage example with gearbox goes for around £2500

gregb

Advanced Member
You could nearly buy a a whole 5 with your first estimates over here at present,granted it would be an 01 and seriously sloppy seconds :-& .

Buy it back and transplant the best of it into a project car,at least your old will live on B) .

Grov

Banned
i find it odd that the engine would only be worth 1500?
a decent b18c engine fetches almost 2 grand all day long,low milage example with gearbox goes for around £2500
Must be lots of mugs then............and like i said, i was guessing......

rascal69

Advanced Member
Interested in headlights if there hid ones.
As long as they don't steam up. As my driver one steams up alittle :|

integraleo

Advanced Member
well if i am able to buy the car back i think the drivers side headlight escaped un damaged but i cant remember off hand as the car was gone within the hour.however the passenger side one is smashed to bits so if it is ok it would only be the drivers side one available anyway.thought they were all HID's anyway?

Grov

Banned
You could buy mine if you wanted, and have a go at re-sealing it yourself, without the hassle of breaking ya one on car. :)