Pressure Washers

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Any karcher will be sufficient, you dont need the most expensive one. You will also need a snow foam lance which is around £30.

Rom

Advanced Member
Avoid karcher would be my advice. For similar prices, you can get a nilfisk, which have metal pumps not plastic. And last a lot longer.
Forget any foam Lance that they come with.
You need something like the autobrite HD lance, or clean your car do a good one.
With research, you can pick up an eBay one with same nozzle etc.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
£50 ish nilfisk + autobrite hd snow foam Lance = win

Google autobrite detailing world, and there's details on how to get it cheaper

donzooo

Advanced Member
I use a Nilfisk C120 with an autobrite foam lance. Excellent foaming and coverage plus good for the patio etc.

Great pressure washer.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I have a Karcher, cant fault, has it for a few years and got it with clubcard vouchers for £0 so cannot complete.

I have the CYC Lance and the thread on the plastic bottom seems very poor and not very durable.

I have been using Wolf's Chemical Yellow Snow which is pants so looking at getting some BH stuff soon

donzooo

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
I have a Karcher, cant fault, has it for a few years and got it with clubcard vouchers for £0 so cannot complete.

I have the CYC Lance and the thread on the plastic bottom seems very poor and not very durable.

I have been using Wolf's Chemical Yellow Snow which is pants so looking at getting some BH stuff soon
Angelwax Fast Foam and Autobrite Magnifoam are both very good products in my experience.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Just been looking into these myself, on the autobrite website they have a blue and yellow foam....is one stronger than another?? or is it just a colour difference and thats it?

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
My ebay snow foam lance has just failed. No longer as foamy as it was. Was perfect before really good thick foam but now it hardly even emptys the bottle.

And can also vouch for karcher. Been using it heavy duty for a year and no faults yet. Comes with a year warranty aswell.

Rom

Advanced Member
I use a nilfisk, with an old clean your car lance.
What thread you on about Tom? On the bottle? My main bit if the Lance is brass? Only plastic bit it's the outer nozzle case, bottle, and the screw.

I've used Bilthamber foam for years and been pleased. Recently fancied a change, and got Valet Pro pH neutral.
One of the best around according to detailing world.
General consensus is the higher prices ones do no better job than Bilthamber and Valet Pro. Which are much cheaper.

Foaming is a Pre wash, so you generally wash the car properly after. It's aim is to remove as much debris as possible before you touch the car.

I did look into the autobrite, as was going to buy a new lance too. My adapter was for karcher.
But clean your car threw me in an adapter and extension bar with my order, so saved a load.

Fahad try stopping and cleaning it. They gunk up inside. Especially if you dont clean them after use.

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
hmmm good shout ill give it a go cleaning it, not sure exactly how as i dont was to dismantle it, ill try something lol. Cheers Rom

Rom

Advanced Member
There's not much to dismantle really.
Remove the adapter for the jet wash end,amd any other threaded part there, might be a reduced etc.
Remove bottle and feed pipe.
Remove adjustment screw and jet.
That's about all you can remove really.
Clean out all the built up crud / corrosion. Use a little wire brush if you can inside the parts. Make sure any holes are free and clear.
I've not tired it, but read about people using a baking soda solution, and using it like it's foam. This is meant to be good too.

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
K2. Friend of mine has the more expensive k4 and if im honest theres not much of a difference at all. K2 was powerful enough to do my patio, so its down to yourself. :)