Primary O2 Sensors For £80

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Just fitted mine today, it ended up costing just over £100 by the time it arrived but still beats Honda.

Haven't had time to test if the code has disappeared nor does the car feel any different, yet, but hopefully my fuel consumption will improve over the next few weeks.

yosin

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
Just fitted mine today, it ended up costing just over £100 by the time it arrived but still beats Honda.

Haven't had time to test if the code has disappeared nor does the car feel any different, yet, but hopefully my fuel consumption will improve over the next few weeks.
Interested to find out if there are any improvments.

I am thinking of changing my one soon. Fuel consumption is around 270 to a tank which i dont think is great although i do have the tegiwa CAI.

However from searching through what alot people say they are reaching into 300-350 per tank which is alot of savings.

What kind of fuel consumption was you getting to tank?

nellly

Advanced Member
yosin don't rush in to anything yet, it all depends on the time of year and driving style and also the roads you drive on.
have you done any motorway driving in your teg. it vastly improves mine.

270 sounds about right for this time of year and if you do a lot of b road/ town traffic, its far from being bad, try working out what MPG you are getting per tank that should give you a better idea of what you are actually running.

yosin

Advanced Member
nellly said:
yosin don't rush in to anything yet, it all depends on the time of year and driving style and also the roads you drive on.
have you done any motorway driving in your teg. it vastly improves mine.

270 sounds about right for this time of year and if you do a lot of b road/ town traffic, its far from being bad, try working out what MPG you are getting per tank that should give you a better idea of what you are actually running.
ok thanks Nelly, wasnt sure if these people who posted were talking about motorway miles or town traffic. Because i have taken it out on full tank on motorway doing a distance run and from full tank to half tank i managed 200 miles thats pure cruising 50-70 mph. So it definitely got me skeptical as to how anybody even managed 300+ on a tank with normal b road/ town traffic driving.

I mainly do lots of b road/ town traffic so if 270 is about right then so be it :), been keeping tabs on how much petrol and liters i fill in each time and work out the mpg. Averaging around 24 or so, thats with next to no vtec but alot of stopping and starting.

Still would like to hear of any difference from you though liamgtr. :)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
yosin said:
What kind of fuel consumption was you getting to tank?
I religiously get 150 miles to £30 @ 143.9p and that includes no motorway driving at all. I can squeeze 160 but I really really have to try, F-that!

It'll be hard to tell what (if any) difference the O2 sensor made as I had a full service done at the same time, the car definitely idles and cold starts a bit better and runs smoother over the last few days but that would be due to anything really.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
This time of year my fuel consumption drops to 270 or less per tank, but i only drive the 15 minutes to and from work through town and i have a pretty heavy foot, hard not to when Vtec kicks in at 3.5K, doesn't mean my O2 sensor is on its way out, i think you're fine.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
This time of year my fuel consumption drops to 270 or less per tank, but i only drive the 15 minutes to and from work through town and i have a pretty heavy foot, hard not to when Vtec kicks in at 3.5K, doesn't mean my O2 sensor is on its way out, i think you're fine.
VTEC @ 3.5k!? What mods do you have to achieve this!?

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member

VTEC @ 3.5k!? What mods do you have to achieve this!?

KPro with rev matching. Dotty has his setup this way, I'm sure he said it comes in early if your foot is planted, but is around 5k if you're just cruising. When I drove his, it felt superb, you've always got power on tap and the car never feels like you're waiting for it to get going. I'm getting the same setup when I get mine done.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yeah its Mase that maps cars this way as opposed to Eurospec who map it for Vtec crossover at 4k, it only kicks in that low if you go over 50% throttle though, the other thing i like about this is when on the motorway you sit just below 3.5k at 70mph, so you dont even need to downshift to get some overtaking power. Mods are just the normal bolt on breathing mods excluding throttle body, so induction kit, RBC inlet manifold, exhaust manifold and complete exhaust system. Sounds lovely too :)

dotty

Advanced Member
KPro with rev matching. Dotty has his setup this way, I'm sure he said it comes in early if your foot is planted, but is around 5k if you're just cruising. When I drove his, it felt superb, you've always got power on tap and the car never feels like you're waiting for it to get going. I'm getting the same setup when I get mine done.
He's coming back over in March and I believe he will be available for mapping at surrey rolling road.

Mine is set at 3800rpm.

dotty

Advanced Member
I can't say for sure. I just know he's over in the uk and he was saying about doing some mapping during that period.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I'm sure it was here that I read about someone else who can tune it to the throttle position too, just can't for the life of me remember who it was! TDI possibly?

JezW

Advanced Member
5% discount code for someone, fitted one of these sensors a few weeks ago, all good so far :)

It expires February 9th

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I'm a little concerned, I'm starting to see WORSE mpg since fitting this, and the weather hasn't got any worse?

truupR

Advanced Member
Don't be like that Liam, have you checked the soles of your shoes for led? I'm about to order one of these and could do without your negativity Liam!!! lol

dotty

Advanced Member
Don't be like that Liam, have you checked the soles of your shoes for led? I'm about to order one of these and could do without your negativity Liam!!! lol
For peace and mind I would really just order a honda one.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
dotty said:
For peace and mind I would really just order a honda one.
^this really.

one of the first things to go wrong on my teg (within first week) and after the Dealer cheaped out on a horrid part I bought OEM one and never had an issue since and have since sold onto another owner for use in their teg ;)