Quick question about selling mg DC5 - Springs etc.

Linus27

Advanced Member
Going to be selling my CW DC5 at some point this year and will slowly start putting her back to standard. The Brembo F50 big brake kit will be removed in June and the OEM Brembo brakes put back on. Also the OEM wheels refurbed and put back on and the track wheels sold.

However, the car has OEM shocks and Spoon springs with a fast road setup from TGM. Is it worth putting the OEM springs back on and removing the fast road setup or is this just a waste of money and better to leave as and give the new owner the OEM springs?

Finally, is it worth removing the DC Sports 4-2-1 manifold and k100 and putting the OEM manifold back on or again, is it not worth it?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Fez

Advanced Member
I'd leave the shocks and springs on, by the time you spend £100+ on another alignment, plus fuel etc, not worth it imo.

If the brake kit is a decent price i could be interested.

Linus27

Advanced Member
I'd leave the shocks and springs on, by the time you spend £100+ on another alignment, plus fuel etc, not worth it imo.

If the brake kit is a decent price i could be interested.
Thanks Fez, that's a good point about the alignment, that's for mentioning it.

As for the brake kit, I would be looking at £1600. It come with a decent set of Brembo Hawk pads which is what TGM run on their race car and was recommended by Tom.

Liam-R

Advanced Member
I would return it to standard. The cars that are selling are totally standard and in immaculate condition.
Definitely sell the k100 and manifold, you may be able to advertise the handling and comfort benefits of upgraded springs so you could try advertising with them and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I agree, get the car as oem as you can, someone will have the K100 for an oem ecu, then if you have all the oem parts return it to stock and sell the rest on separately, this is why I have kept everything for my car inc an un-cut passenger wheel arch liner so anyone having the Long arm AEM off of me can have an arch liner so theirs wont need cutting etc.

Although some people prefer a slightly changed car (as they are not cheap to modify) so could always advertise it and see first as like said before the cost and time involved in swapping the springs over and a re-alignment could be a waste vs just selling ti on better springs as the spoon springs are much better than oem in every manner.