RBC Intake manifold.

Stevieg

Advanced Member
A larger throttle body isnt needed but is certainly worth having to get the best gains from the RBC - even more so if you have a K-pro already and are having your map tweeked!

jostrom

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
The OEM TB is adequate and a larger one isn't necessary.
DC5 ITR throttle body is the smallest one of K20A/K20A2/K20Z engines... Why would Honda install a larger TB (62mm -> 64mm) on the new FD2 that uses a very similar intake manifold to a RBC? Maybe they wanted to help the engine breathe better...

Option

Advanced Member
Before RBC: Max Torque 130.8 @ 7140 rpm

After RBC: Max Torque 145.0 @ 6190 rpm
Excellent i figured it would be something decent 8) but that looks very impressive indeed.

I bought this item a week ago from this Ebay seller and only received an email today to say that the item has been shipped today
Well mine was shipped on the 22nd so i am hoping not to have to long a wait now :D

bling

Advanced Member
Glitch said:
Good question and here is the answer.

Before RBC: Max Torque 130.8 @ 7140 rpm

After RBC: Max Torque 145.0 @ 6190 rpm

Remember this is at the wheels. Its a gain of as good as 15 torque and peak torque is lower down the revs than before.

HTH.
Don't want to sound negative but i have had same cars on the same rollers on different days and seen a difference of 30bhp due to the weather and higher barometric pressures.
have you tried different rollers?
15bhp is a very impressive figure for the wheels doesn't that translate in something like 22bhp at the flywheel?

Stevieg

Advanced Member
jostrom said:
celox performance said:
The OEM TB is adequate and a larger one isn't necessary.
DC5 ITR throttle body is the smallest one of K20A/K20A2/K20Z engines... Why would Honda install a larger TB (62mm -> 64mm) on the new FD2 that uses a very similar intake manifold to a RBC? Maybe they wanted to help the engine breathe better...

Looks like they have also done extra head work (port / polish) from that pic - Wish we had a translated one so we could understand what it's saying!

Glitch

Advanced Member
Yeah the dyno i was on is measured from the hubs and the barometric pressures were almost identical on both days with a difference in temerature of less than 5 degrees.

People will always be sceptical of high gains including myself which is why i did the before and after test. Also im one of many world wide who has reached the same sort of gains with the RBC. There are quite a few on SuperHonda and Honda-tech with very similar figures.

yunster

Advanced Member
What bonnet damper do you guys use now as i am assuming the normal ones people get for the OEM bonnet, won't be suitable for the lighter carbon fibre bonnets.

Tempted to get one but want to know what i need to get and how much all in. Plus i am using the AEM V2 which may be a problem also.

Cheers

raz786

Advanced Member
What is the size of the standard throttle body on the DC5? And also what's the size of the standard inlet manifold and the RBC in comparison?

Anyone who knows please post it up!

Cheers

Stevieg

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
What is the size of the standard throttle body on the DC5? And also what's the size of the standard inlet manifold and the RBC in comparison?

Anyone who knows please post it up!

Cheers
If think the standard throttle body on the DC5 is 63" (it's been a while since I did all this stuff) The standard ITR inlet manifold matches this. The RBC inlet is certainly 64".

I had my RBC bored out to match my larger J's throttle body and the also the adaptor plate that was required to fit it.

Stevieg

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
I'm really tempted by this mod but trying to decide if I really need that extra power???
It's not only top end power - alot of the power with this mod is mid range pull :wink:

And to answer your question we all need more power :evil:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Stevieg said:
If think the standard throttle body on the DC5 is 63" (it's been a while since I did all this stuff) The standard ITR inlet manifold matches this. The RBC inlet is certainly 64".
63" (63 inches) :shock: :shock: How do Honda fit all that in there?! :lol:

I think you mean 63mm :wink:

raz786

Advanced Member
If the standard Inlet is 63mm and the RBC 64mm how on earth does it achieve a 10-15bhp gain on the standard inlet? :? I always get confused with all this technical stuff :oops:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
If the standard Inlet is 63mm and the RBC 64mm how on earth does it achieve a 10-15bhp gain on the standard inlet? :? I always get confused with all this technical stuff :oops:
The standard PRC manifold utilises internal velocity stacks and short runners whereas the RBC manifold has short runners and higher flow capabilities.

The larger inlet doesn't necessarily mean greater flow rate...its what happens after the air has entered that needs to take into account :wink:

Stevieg

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
Stevieg said:
63" (63 inches) :shock: :shock: How do Honda fit all that in there?! :lol:

I think you mean 63mm :wink:
Maybe I was thinkng of something else in inches :lol:

celox performance

Advanced Member
My RBC eventually arrived after over 4 weeks of waiting and had it fitted and mapped at TDI yesterday.

Paul did say that they struggle to get good power figures on the rolling road with some cars fitted with a race LSD, something to do with the way the diff works, but i'm still impressed with the gain anyway :D

Here are the before & after results:

Before:

After: