RBC Intake manifold.

Glitch

Advanced Member
Yeah it is a lot bigger than the OEM mani. Here are some pics of it on and finished. As you can see the top coolant pipe touches the intake so i have to get a longer pipe for it but thats it. Im just waiting for a quote on the cams as to weather or not ill put them in before the remap.

That VTEC Grin

Advanced Member
Glitch said:
Yeah it is a lot bigger than the OEM mani. Here are some pics of it on and finished. As you can see the top coolant pipe touches the intake so i have to get a longer pipe for it but thats it. Im just waiting for a quote on the cams as to weather or not ill put them in before the remap.
I am running TODA A2's... are you thinking of going for A3's? If so, it will be even more interesting to see how this develops... 8)

Rgds

Glitch

Advanced Member
Yeah Andy it feels alot better in the low to mid range and it has given the car a totaly different sound. Yeah if i go with cams it will be the A3's.

Glitch

Advanced Member
Well the results are in....

Before the RBC my car dynod at 191bhp @ the hubs and after it dynod at 206bhp @ the hubs. All i did other than the RBC is remove the AC. So overall it gained 15bhp @ the hubs. Now i dont know how much the AC gave me if any at all but i am very pleased with the gains and now i have the car all remapped it is a weapon. It gave alot of power at the top end so they gave me 200 more RPM at the redline so it now goes round to 8800 and it sounds mental at that RPM. Ill scan in the dyno readout asap and post it up.

abdultaiyab

very nice mate :shock:...jsut a noob question...will i absolutely need remapping or i can use any of the standard CTR maps in kpro without inflicting damage on my engine??

Glitch

Advanced Member
It wont cause damage you just wont get the best out of it. I had it on my car for about 2 months before i got it remapped and it was fine.

Jayk

Advanced Member
Glitch this is a really good thread. Some awesome work. How much for one of these? Bet it would really work well with cams.

Jay

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
The new FD2 IM is pretty much the exact same as the RBC mani, it just doesn't have the inlet valve for the throttle body. One would have to do way too much work to get the RRC mani to work on the DC5. And still would an adapter plate for the throttle body as the new one is DBW.

I know I instantly felt a difference when I installed my RBC over a month ago. No dyno numbers to share as I don't dyno my car at all. The car revs more freely (at least it feels as such) and just wants to get up and go throughout the powerband. If you have a KPro, you can take even more advantage of it. The runners are a bit wider in diameter over the PRC and also are straight and the air doesn't have to fight the manifold to make its way into the motor.

AC doesn't have to be removed. As stated, the bonnet arm needs to be removed and that is about it. The AC line also needs to be disconnected and the little black brackets reconfigured some and then mounted back to the rad support. I also slightly bent my rad support towards the front of the car to give even a bit more clearance between the mani and it.

I also had a friend fab up an aluminum pipe to replace the stock rubber intake arm.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
I am going to go for this mod, all we all need is a price on a kit,

It even looks like a better mani in my oppinion which does not really matter but all helps, lol

Cheers.

Glitch

Advanced Member
Yeah this mani would work like a dream with cams aswel. As DC5RK20A sais you dont have to remove the AC to fit the mani i just removed mine for weight saving. Your looking at around £300 for the whole kit ready to bolt on as there is the matter of cutting the mani to fit the DC5 but for power to money its probly one of the best mods available.

JCW

Advanced Member
hmm like the look of this

i'm thinking big bore tb and also port matching the rbc to suit

Stevieg

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CvcSi-RBC-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-4-DC5-RSX-JDM-ITR-EP3-CTR_W0QQitemZ130164049239QQihZ003QQcategoryZ36474QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Approx £200 delivered. 8)
Nice one Lee :)

Think im going to go for one!

Anyone know if i can reuse my old Hondata gasket (I only had it fitted a few months ago :cry: )

LeeH

Advanced Member
I think you can mate.

The same guy sells the Hondata gasket so when he comes back to me I'm ordering too.

I'll get it fitted before my remap so its going to work out nicely irc.

Lee