RE050S VS RE040S

dan the man

Advanced Member
OKAY, anyone got these on and whats your comments as gona get a new set of boots and would like to know the differences..

or do i just get prada spec 2s like someoine sugested..

dan :? :? :?

kingston

Advanced Member
Ive got a set of 040's on mine as standard, they do not inspire me with confidence whilst cornering - 70 and tyre squeel :? Where as the yoko's i had before hand never made a sound and stuck to the road nicely.

So im going back to Yokos next time round

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
I wish we could get the Bridgestones the owners in Japan use.....

The RE010 R's, very good track tyre in my opinion...

Come on Bridgestone, E mark them here :idea:

Mike

corbie

Advanced Member
I've not tried the 050 yet but they are supposed to be better in the wet. I didn't like the 040 in the wet at all. in the dry they are a very good tyre.

Mate had the Dunlops and loved them on the CTR so might try them or the 050.

kingston

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
yoko what exactly?

and my re010s on DC2 were very good i always thought..hmm

dan :?
Dont know yet but whatever the latest offering on the a539's is or next one up

mikegsi

Staff member
i got goodyears on at the mo and prob wont put them on again, too soft for my liking, and they're knackered after one trackday!

Splink

Advanced Member
I had a539's on the front and advans on the back. The 539's stick to the road like glue, very very good tyre for cornering. Only 2 things I didnt like about them were they were not good in the wet, and they wore down in 8 months :/

Top tyre though.. was thinking about putting them on the back now my advans are due for a change.

mikegsi

Staff member
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
can you not buy them and just out them on anyway, or is it too much hassle/cost to get them shipped over?

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
can you not buy them and just out them on anyway, or is it too much hassle/cost to get them shipped over?
Is it not something to do with saftey issues if they aren't E-marked? if you had an accident your insurance could be invalid?

dan the man

Advanced Member
REO5Os are softer in sidewall thus a slighty more 'comfortable' tyre. still very good but not as hardcore as RE040s so thats what im getting.

thank all....dan

Splink

Advanced Member
You can buy the bridestone re010's from the UK - how much to they differ to the re010 r's?

dan the man

Advanced Member
RE010s were standard equipment on DC2..

AWSOME they are, super responisve and dry grip ace..wet not as good as toyos say but who cares?!

dan

User

Advanced Member
I put a set of RE040's on a month ago.

Brilliant, much better grip in the wet than the stock Yoko's, same level of grip in the dry as far as i'm concerned.

Ever so slightly softer ride, but not enough to affect the handling.

One word though - they absolutely suck untill you get some miles on them, mine started to bite around 250 miles. Up untill then they were shocking so be carefull - scrub them in patiently.

Paid £410 all in for 4, Kwikfit of all places.

mikegsi

Staff member
a mate has just put the re010's on his dc2, he says there much better than the toyo's, i'm a fan of the 040's so that'll be what i get next if they fit