Rebuilding Brembos

spooke

Advanced Member
Awesome refurb 2ndy, saw this on Instagram :)

Don't suppose you fancy making a list of all the parts, can just be the names if it's easier. Do you also know the torque specs for the caliper bolts?

2ndy

Advanced Member
Well what I used was:

M10x80(excluding head) A2 stainless bolts for calipers (you need 8 )
Peugeot 607 caliper shims and screws, You need 8 in total for both calipers
Brake parts.co.uk seals and dust covers, the nipple covers are pretty crap looking with these so stick to the brembo covers
HEL Nissan 350z bleed nipples (EBay)

I haven't yet used my calipers since but I will be doing a track day very soon so can confirm what everything's like in pretty extreme conditions. For paint I had mine blasted and powders coater, just make sure you clean them out really well if getting them blasted or if you would prefer to paint halfords toolbox red is very similar.

Waiting on someone getting back to me with the torque specs but I'm sure if you can get the specs of any other car with brembos it would be similar if not the same

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I done a YELLOW.

Stripping the powder coat from the fronts was a task of length, I won't be doing that again.

Rogue Status

Does anyone have a link to where I can buy the pins that go through the Brembo callipers? Changing pads and discs soon and my friends Brembos needed new pins as one of them bent on removal. Has anyone experienced this on the DC5?

dave7368

Advanced Member
Rogue Status said:
Does anyone have a link to where I can buy the pins that go through the Brembo callipers? Changing pads and discs soon and my friends Brembos needed new pins as one of them bent on removal. Has anyone experienced this on the DC5?
Honda... 45248-S6M-J51

dave7368

Advanced Member
no idea, individually i would imagine.. ask the guy in the honda jumper when you go in ;)

Rom

Advanced Member
They shouldn't bend really. Not unless the cars been neglected.
They have collars to stop them seizing.

Unlike land rover brembos, that use steel pins in ally calipers and seize...

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Rogue Status

Planning to order them online from Lings Honda.

Wasn't going to replace them at all until my friend changed his pads in his Brembos on his Abarth Punto. One pin came out fine, the other was seized and bent badly on removal. This was on an 11 plate car with 30k on the clocks.

2ndy

Advanced Member
That's down to poor design, the dc5 brembos most likely won't do that, if it's bent now then it wouldn't do its job so I wouldn't worry too much about them. I didn't replace any when I rebuild mine. Just cleaned them up

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah if for them to be bent on the dc5, they would have to be damaged when they are removed, there is no way i can see of them being seized or damaged whilst on the car. Should be fine for reuse, mine have been.

Pasty

Banned
My pins were slightly stiff but came out with some persuasive hammering lol....

Also, the little o ring / seal that goes between the calipers I've lost any ideas on the part number or if I can order a new one ?

Cheers!

ollydc5

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Built one caliper up today, making sure they're clean of the blasting material took a while! One down one to go!

Hi there

Just wondering when you split the caliper in half was there any seals to replace between the two ?

I've brought everything bar the bolts now, just wondering where exactly you may have got them from. Many thanks, olly

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I didn't split mine when I replaced the main seals. I couldn't find a torque setting for the main bolts, and wasn't sure if they were yield bolts or not.

2ndy

Advanced Member
There are 2 seals inside but I didnt replace them as I couldnt find anywhere that supplied them

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info lads, I'm sure the seals will be ok but would rather change them. I work with quite a lot of stuff like that so I'll find a match

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
How did the brakes perform on your track day 2ndy?

I'm in the process of rebuilding mine.
But don't know if to get genuine seals or the ones you got?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ndy

Advanced Member
First track day is on Sunday, up until now there has been no problem with the seals! I got 5 or 6 stops from 120-130 so got loads of heat in them and they were fine... Will report back after Sunday!

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Okay mate, seems good so at then.
Track day will be the real tester, they will get some serious hear them then.
Keep us updated on how they go!

Have fun :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk