Rebuilding Brembos

2ndy

Advanced Member
Just thought I'd report back, not long finished my track day... What a day! Whole car was flawless but most importantly to this thread the brakes were perfect! And they most definitely got warm.. 15min sessions as hard as the car could go and not a leak of fluid from anywhere!

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Great stuff, I'm going to order mine now then, same as the ones you got :)

Glad you had a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Awesome refurb 2ndy, saw this on Instagram :)

Don't suppose you fancy making a list of all the parts, can just be the names if it's easier. Do you also know the torque specs for the caliper bolts?
Hi Spooke,

Do you know the front caliper mounting bolt's torque spec? I am removing them for new brake pad change.

The manual for RSX does not have Brembos caliper so not sure 80 lbf-ft is applicable or not.

Dan34

Advanced Member

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Why do you even need to undo those bolts to change the pads? You should only need to hammer out the locking pins and remove the retaining clip.

I have one of those caliper tools now too, makes things much easier, I used to just push them all in with my hands, which can be entertaining when you get pop up from the other pistons, like playing a fun fair game :lol:

Dan34

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Why do you even need to undo those bolts to change the pads? You should only need to hammer out the locking pins and remove the retaining clip.

I have one of those caliper tools now too, makes things much easier, I used to just push them all in with my hands, which can be entertaining when you get pop up from the other pistons, like playing a fun fair game :lol:
haha thats exactly what I used to do! chase the piston! That tool makes life so much easier :xking:

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:

The new brake pad is thicker than the old one, so cannot make it unless I get some special tool like that eBay one or remove the caliper and use C-clamp to press the pistons back.
By hands? How? I cannot easily slide my fingers in when the brake disc occupied lot of space already.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yeah its not easy mate, and I suppose it is easier to do if you take those bolts off so the disc is not in the way. I wouldn't worry too much abut the torque on the bolts, just do them tight I've never had one come loose.

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Yeah its not easy mate, and I suppose it is easier to do if you take those bolts off so the disc is not in the way. I wouldn't worry too much abut the torque on the bolts, just do them tight I've never had one come loose.
Yes, Thanks! Torque on the bolts at least 80 ft/lbs should be ok.

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
Removed the front caliper bolts, and they are in similar size of wheel stud. Only two bolts hold the caliper, so I understand now why the torque requires higher than 80 ft/lbs.