Recommend a quick detailer

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I have previously used Megs QD and have been using Poorboys QD for a few years, which I really like.

Just wondering if there is any quick detailers that you guys recommend.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
i have always used megs QD but annoyingly the bottle leaks if its in your hand and you lean it sideways when your wiping it off the paint

spooke

Advanced Member
I normally used Meg QD too, but recently bought some Chemical Guys Speed Wipe? (I think) which seems really nice, although it stains the microfiber pink :D

SHIV_DC5

+1 on the Chem Guys speed wipe. Doesn't leave any streaks which is always good and also handy drying aid too!

Chewy

Advanced Member
Everyday stuff I just used Megs QD, but 50.cal last touch QD is my go to if i want that extra shine.

2ndy

Advanced Member
Meguiars last touch in a gallon drum and then just buy the likes of an Autosmart spray bottle. Probably the cheapest way to buy it aswell.

What do you use the quick detailer for? Is it for after washing the car? Ive got a bottle of the Chemical guy hybrid v7 which is like a spray sealant type thing. Leaves the car looking really wet and glossy and gives extra protection so its pretty good, I use this after ive washed and dried the car every other wash

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I just need something as maintenance in-between the times I do a proper waxing. I don't need it to wash the car or get rid of dust. I just want something to give a little protection after I wash my car every week or so.

I'm tempted by chemical guys. I might try dodo juice if not.

Brophy

Advanced Member
Highly recommend angelwaxes qed detailer, one of my favourite products of all time so easy to use and does add a top of protection in between washes.

spooke

Advanced Member
The Chemical Guys V7 is good but it only visually lasts for maybe a week, if that. Still it does a good job, they also sell waterless washes too.

Adrianmc

Zaino z8 is brilliant, gives an amazing shine, and leaves no streaks!
I use it every week after a wash and it keeps the paint well protected.
Having previously used chemical guys speed wipe and chemical guys hybrid v7 I would never go back to them. Zaino is a far superior product!

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Dodo juice tropical iv used for a few years and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_Glanzav98

Advanced Member
not sure if they still sell it or its under a different name chemical guys synthetic qd anti static so dust doesnt sit on the car well not much and also a great drying aid when put on an mf and wiped over pooling water on the roof and boot lid etc

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Meguiars last touch in a gallon drum and then just buy the likes of an Autosmart spray bottle. Probably the cheapest way to buy it aswell.

What do you use the quick detailer for? Is it for after washing the car? Ive got a bottle of the Chemical guy hybrid v7 which is like a spray sealant type thing. Leaves the car looking really wet and glossy and gives extra protection so its pretty good, I use this after ive washed and dried the car every other wash
Brophy said:
Highly recommend angelwaxes qed detailer, one of my favourite products of all time so easy to use and does add a top of protection in between washes.
Adrianmc said:
Zaino z8 is brilliant, gives an amazing shine, and leaves no streaks!
I use it every week after a wash and it keeps the paint well protected.
Having previously used chemical guys speed wipe and chemical guys hybrid v7 I would never go back to them. Zaino is a far superior product!
Hey guys.

I'm going to buy a detail spray for after washing the car.

Seems like this Zaino Z8 is the one to go for but the other two also sound good.

I want something that will leave the car really wet, glossy with depth. Is the Z8 that good and how do you apply it?

Thanks.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hey guys.

I'm going to buy a detail spray for after washing the car.

Seems like this Zaino Z8 is the one to go for but the other two also sound good.

I want something that will leave the car really wet, glossy with depth. Is the Z8 that good and how do you apply it?

Thanks.
Recently heard good things about waxaddict's fo'show spray.

I've ended up ordering some, hopefully get a chance to try it this weekend.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Recently heard good things about waxaddict's fo'show spray.

I've ended up ordering some, hopefully get a chance to try it this weekend.
Sounds good, let us know what it's like please dude.

I think I will probably opt for the Z8, it's expensive but seems to last and seemingly gives the car more shine and a wet look and that's what I'm really after.

As soon as I clean the car it looks dry and rough. I've been using this stuff whilst I dry and although it's ok, it doesn't last long especially in this heat.

https://www.shopnshine.co.uk/chemical-guys-pro-detailer-p40-detailer?gclid=Cj0KEQjw1cS6BRDvhtKL89em1oIBEiQAtZO5x_zPXhcipM7ta2duOIhhwOboDLx0EbKEWP-hOiEOJEkaAseU8P8HAQ