Regrets!?? Wishes?? Opinions!?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Group buy ;)

I know no difference and don't think I have any bad rattles which annoy me, but would have been intrigued without

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Just to ask a bit of advice, my car is coming to its 100,000 birthday, and I would like to treat it to a proper going over, and replace a lot of the servicable items to get everrything fresh, what would people reccomened and also I know it's vague as there are so many variables but how much is a 100k service, if I want it to have a real good going over to make her as sweet as can be? I appreciate this is vague and there can be a lot of answers but a rough idea on what would want doing and price would be great!

I apologise once again for my noobyness, I havnt been driving long so I really don't know a lot if anything about this stuff!

Thanks!!

Ersel

Advanced Member
Im on the verge of selling up, i took my teg out for a blast from london to gillingham to my uncles and the big open empty motorways have made me think twice. I want a 32 GTR but injust no i wont have the same amount of fun in a gtr that inhave had in the teg!!!...some may say different!!..also i no i wont ever find a teg as low miled as mine for the same price ever again asthere climbing!!

Linus27

Advanced Member
I must admit, I am at a crossroads with my DC5. I used to have a Lotus Elise S1 which I sold to my father in law a few years ago. I wasn't expecting to get it back for at least 3 or so years but he has offered it back to me now. Condition wise it‘s in a bit of a bad state but mechanically it is perfect.

For the last few years I have been tracking my Teg (around 10 track days a year) which has been fun. However, to take it to the next level it needs a fair amount spent on it. I would like to get coilovers, cat back exhaust, RBC manifold, remap at least. Long term a 5.3 Final Drive as well. Either way, probably around £3k - 4k needs spending on it if I was going to stick with it as my track toy.

I could get my Elise back for around £5k and only need to spend around £1.5k on track upgrades. I just so can‘t decide what to do, keep the Teg or go back to the Elise. If I sold the Teg then I would need to remove the big brake kit and sell it separately and I would probably get the OEM springs fitted and sell the Spoon Springs separately as well. I think the pro‘s for the Elise is it‘s probably the better track car and needs less spending on it but the pro‘s for the Teg is I have it already, I know it and improving as a driver and will be better for European track days like Spa.

Just can‘t decide :(

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Ersel said:
Im on the verge of selling up, i took my teg out for a blast from london to gillingham to my uncles and the big open empty motorways have made me think twice. I want a 32 GTR but injust no i wont have the same amount of fun in a gtr that inhave had in the teg!!!...some may say different!!..also i no i wont ever find a teg as low miled as mine for the same price ever again asthere climbing!!
What's the mileage on yours mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ersel

Advanced Member
delsoljon86 said:
What's the mileage on yours mate?

60k actually reads 60k lol up for £8500 rbc inlet,solid fab mani,custom exhaust,tegiwa Carbon air box. Kpro4 any more details pm me bud😎

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Just to ask a bit of advice, my car is coming to its 100,000 birthday, and I would like to treat it to a proper going over, and replace a lot of the servicable items to get everrything fresh, what would people reccomened and also I know it's vague as there are so many variables but how much is a 100k service, if I want it to have a real good going over to make her as sweet as can be? I appreciate this is vague and there can be a lot of answers but a rough idea on what would want doing and price would be great!

I apologise once again for my noobyness, I havnt been driving long so I really don't know a lot if anything about this stuff!

Thanks!!
Any help on this guys?

Thanks!

mikeyw85

I could only advise getting a garage to give it a good going over and see what bushings etc are worn, and aiming to replace those. Also give it's oils, fluids, filters and plugs a change.

I've had mine a year and i'm currently in the process of doing this. It's only on about 85k miles, but it's worth doing for a freshen up and so that I know where I am with every thing.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Got it sorted, booked into TGM for a 'Major Service' and they will check everything and change everything, then I will do what needs to be done to get her as sweet as can be!

Thanks for the advice! 😄

wantadc5

Advanced Member
should have never sold mine......regret it every day.....main reason for selling was it was high miles at 120k, but now in hind sight i wish I just drove it until the engine popped and then sourced another engine and rebuild......
now looking at cars next level up and they cost way more compared to if I had kept my teg....

Justintian

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
I must admit, I am at a crossroads with my DC5. I used to have a Lotus Elise S1 which I sold to my father in law a few years ago. I wasn't expecting to get it back for at least 3 or so years but he has offered it back to me now. Condition wise it‘s in a bit of a bad state but mechanically it is perfect.

For the last few years I have been tracking my Teg (around 10 track days a year) which has been fun. However, to take it to the next level it needs a fair amount spent on it. I would like to get coilovers, cat back exhaust, RBC manifold, remap at least. Long term a 5.3 Final Drive as well. Either way, probably around £3k - 4k needs spending on it if I was going to stick with it as my track toy.

I could get my Elise back for around £5k and only need to spend around £1.5k on track upgrades. I just so can‘t decide what to do, keep the Teg or go back to the Elise. If I sold the Teg then I would need to remove the big brake kit and sell it separately and I would probably get the OEM springs fitted and sell the Spoon Springs separately as well. I think the pro‘s for the Elise is it‘s probably the better track car and needs less spending on it but the pro‘s for the Teg is I have it already, I know it and improving as a driver and will be better for European track days like Spa.

Just can‘t decide :(
I actually am going through selling the teg and buy a Elise 2. Honda engine Elise is so much fun though. The aluminum chassis means you can forget about the rust. The teg is a lot of money jut to put it on a track toy tbh.

Mark_teg

Staff member
wantadc5 said:
should have never sold mine......regret it every day.....main reason for selling was it was high miles at 120k, but now in hind sight i wish I just drove it until the engine popped and then sourced another engine and rebuild......
now looking at cars next level up and they cost way more compared to if I had kept my teg....
K20 is just broken-in at 120k ;)

impne

Advanced Member
Wish I lived closer to Tom, think he should move back to north east and his family routes 👍 Lol

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
delsoljon86 said:
what would you say is high mileage then?

Mines on 150 ish now, still going strong. All the wear and tear items have been replaced, and alot of preventive maintenance carried out....it drives as good as a car thats well looked after on half the mileage, if not better! Has had multiple compliments through garages and fellow teg owners too. If its looked after theres no reason it wouldn't go on past 250k.

Dan had his up near that, (250k) and from what I remember it was a miss shift that killed it rather than actually failing.

Hope this helps

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Ersel said:
Get one then make your mind up...good luck finding a cheap gtr these days....a good one.

Ersel

Advanced Member
Jdm4life said:
Get one then make your mind up...good luck finding a cbeap gtr these days....a good one.
Yh the word cheap isnt valid anymore with thrm haha