Removing Air Con

alfa27

Advanced Member
Searched but could not find a guide.

Anyone have one since im going at it in the morning.

dave7368

Advanced Member
why bother? i'm sure you will be glad of the 3 extra bhp when sat in a summer traffic jam on the M25

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Haha summer in Ireland what a joke. We take all the rain coming in off the Atlantic. There is no real guide to this just go at it. Take the front bumper off first then the radiators. From there in you can see all the piping and how the system works just bolt things off. There was no pressure in mine when I did I though, you may need to let that out first.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Oh and if you are having trouble with getting the alternator belt back on the pulleys in the correct way it makes it really simple if you remove the wheel arch liner and light.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Would low ac pressure cause the clutch to not engage? My switch lights up but kpro does not register the switch or engage clutch.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
So when the AC is turned on your clutch wont engage?

I would have thought they would of had absolutely nothing to do with each other. As the clutch would be a mechanical mechanism not controlled by the ecu, so a light coming on and off on the dash would not affect it.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
No bother Alan give me a ring if ya need anything or if you want to call down to me there for some help no bother either

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
If you remove the AC Pump you are going to need a new auxiliary belt. Something to bear in mind before you starting pulling everything apart.

Mark_teg

Staff member
tricker_luke said:
Would low ac pressure cause the clutch to not engage? My switch lights up but kpro does not register the switch or engage clutch.
<br /><br /><br />Yes, low/no pressure will stop the AC engaging.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Wingnuttzz said:
If you remove the AC Pump you are going to need a new auxiliary belt. Something to bear in mind before you starting pulling everything apart.<br />
<br /><br /><br />This^^

alfa27

Advanced Member
I got the other belt a few days ago.

I just wanted a handy guide should i get into trouble.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
The switch feeds into the ecu, which then feeds into the fuse/ relay box. I can short the relay to engage the clutch, but the switch doesn't do this.

I'll get the pressure checked.

Type K

Advanced Member
basically from what iv done so far its just a matter of following the pipes and removing them, the only part i got a litle stumped was removing the pips from firewall but theres a 10mm bolt in the middle and once thats off just pull and twist the pipes and theyll come off.

also were did you get the replacement belt and what size did you get?

Mark_teg

Staff member
tricker_luke said:
The switch feeds into the ecu, which then feeds into the fuse/ relay box. I can short the relay to engage the clutch, but the switch doesn't do this.<br /><br /><br />I'll get the pressure checked.
<br /><br /><br />As far as I'm aware, you can't check the pressure. It's a case of simply draining the system (if there's anything left), checking for leaks then refilling.<br />Some garages have a machine to do this for you.

Type K

Advanced Member
iv been trying to get hold of the shorter belt but not having much luck with the following part number 31110-PRC-023. the local honda dealer couldnt find anything with it so i called dave at steels and told him i required the shorter belt and he just quoted me a price without the part number however found it a bit expensive so where did everyone else get there belts from and for how much?

also is a replacement pulley required or just the shorter belt as according to my mechanic without a replacement pulley the water pump wont turn in the right direction, this was from him looking at a diagram

alan-lee

Advanced Member
iv been trying to get hold of the shorter belt but not having much luck with the following part number 31110-PRC-023. the local honda dealer couldnt find anything with it so i called dave at steels and told him i required the shorter belt and he just quoted me a price without the part number however found it a bit expensive so where did everyone else get there belts from and for how much?

also is a replacement pulley required or just the shorter belt as according to my mechanic without a replacement pulley the water pump wont turn in the right direction, this was from him looking at a diagram

Hi mate

Recently done this myself.. I bought my belt from honda and to be honest its probably the easiest but as you said more expensive option!

Others ive heard have taken the measurements of the belt needed and went to a local motor factor to get a generic one! If you google things like rsx ac delete you should get topics from club rsx with the measurements!

You do not need a replacement pulley to do this! There is a very helpful guide in the D.I.Y guides section of this forum ( cant remeber who wrote it ) but has pics etc and the direction the belt has to go!

I wouldnt call myself a mechanic, just handy enough with a spanner and it took me less than an hour to pull everything out myself! If you are willing to do it id say go for it but if not make sure a mechanic doesnt charge you more than an hours labour to do so!

Will have a look for these topics and update if i find them!