Return of the DC5

David Fox

Advanced Member
Well, I will get straight to the point! Majority know that I have bought my DC5 back after 3 years away. After briefly enjoying it, a trip to Jordan beckoned (the place, not the big breasted moron) for 2 months, so the car entered Moorlands Service Station (shameful advertising I know - but it my friends garage) for some cosmetic work. The car was already well looked after by the previous owner, but it wasn't to my standard. So wheel refurb, front and rear bumper, bonnet, front wings, full underseal (including wheel arches), side skirts, induction kit fitted and all new badges were the order of the day while I was away. With the exception of the kit that was already purchased, all cosmetic work (just like Jordan!) cost just £650, which I think is rather amazing. The garage even kept the car stored away in the garage while I was away for free! I will get some pictures up when it is actually not raining ooop north, but to see it in the metal is amazing. I dont think it looked this good when it rolled out of the factory! Customers have been comiing in to my friends garage drooling over the car, and they can't believe it when they see its 10 years old and 95k miles!

The Induction kit (Tegiwa) is, in my opinion, a bargain. It sounds awesome, just like the Gruppe M and for less than half the price. As I have no scuttle panel, the original has been bastardised by the garage. They have done an excellent job, all credit to them for simply looking at the parts and coming up with an idea (I gave them no direction). Oh and the growl, my god I have missed that sound! Maybe an exhaust will be

As I have said, pictures will follow, but I can't wait to tell people, plus I haven't been on the sight for 2 months, so I have had 28 pages of new info!

mikegsi

Staff member
It is mate, very. To get a car back and to see all your own receipts, original purchase etc is quite surreal. But it is that good a car.

Was the same when I bought mine back too! I even showed the owner a few bits he hadnt known about the car too!!

David Fox

Advanced Member
Was the same when I bought mine back too! I even showed the owner a few bits he hadnt known about the car too!!
Ah, its just awesome mate, VTec is the greatest sound of all time. Off out again to drive it! Photos will come eventually!

paul 16v

Advanced Member
Moorland service station at kirby in furness? if so they put a new bumper and painted it on my old dc2 after someone backed into it and the qaulity of there work was excellent!

David Fox

Advanced Member
Moorland service station at kirby in furness? if so they put a new bumper and painted it on my old dc2 after someone backed into it and the qaulity of there work was excellent!
Thats the one Paul. They are awesome. Dealt with them for 7 years, faultless. My dad takes his Brabus to them, Inhave seen Ferraris and lambos up there, brilliant garage.

David Fox

Advanced Member
Did you sacrifice the RS?
Not really, the RS is going anyway to my Dad, plus I do really need a diesel as I do some big miles. Looking at the 335d BMW as they are quick and economical, but if I stay in Germany for another posting, the Jag XF will be purchased without a doubt.

I would of liked to have kept the RS and the Teg, but the RS is pants on fuel, plus I'm making 3k profit so it's not all bad!

David Fox

Advanced Member
Cheers Stoo! Hope you are doing well out there matey!

Well there are 2 sets of pictures I have taken, the first were taken a couple of months prior to me going away to Jordan, sat with her big RS sister:

And the set taken today (weather is typically british I'm afraid) - note the fact there are no marks anywhere! The finish is unblemished. I am so happy to have this car back, so happy Im taking her back to Germany with me for a month - just can't bear been apart! I have so many comments, people can't get over its 10 year old with 95k on the clock - and neither can I! Anyone thinking of selling a DC5 needs a brain check - best car ever made!

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Guess you like white david?

Teg looks tiny beside the RS...

Sticky front plate looks very good.

Welcome back to the world of driving pleasure.... :lol:

David Fox

Advanced Member
Guess you like white david?

Teg looks tiny beside the RS...

Sticky front plate looks very good.

Welcome back to the world of driving pleasure.... :lol:
Havent had any other colour since 2005! The Teg is stunning. Drove it back to Germany yesterday, faultless. Not even a stone chip! I have missed this car so much, I can guarantee I will be the last man on this site, never ever selling this car. The RS is awesome, but one has to go and it wasn't even a choice. At least the Rs will still be in the family - my Dad just agreed to buy it. Driving pleasure is an understatement. Anyone thinking of changing needs a serious look in the mirror.

A diesel will be on the cards after Afghanistan for the main runabout. Hopefully a 335d, but I change my mind on a weekly basis!