Returning to the Fold......

David Fox

Advanced Member
Not really a newbie, more an inactive member for a couple of years. I sold my last DC5 in 2007 to Foxy Red on here, and to be honest, I have regretted it ever since. I have had 2 Focus STs, both tuned by Wolf to 310 bhp (still own one now). I do totally loved the Wolf ST, indeed they are actually quite scary to drive if you are not prepared for torque steer! But I have never truly got over the DC5. Simply the best car ever. So I have decided to get another DC5, but this time it will be for keeps! I plan to keep one as a 'classic' and bring her out on dry days, when I am home etc (I'm in the Forces in Germany).I will still keep the ST as well, as I am rather fond of my current one! So if anyone is planning on selling July/August time a CW DC5 (pre facelift only) for around the 9 - 10k mark, let me know!

And I will apologise now for asking all sorts of dumb questions! :D

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back David, its been a while, I am sure you wont ask any more stupid questions than everyone else ;)

David Fox

Advanced Member
It has indeed - surprised you are still on here as well! Been pining for a Teg again for a while, and after seeing on on the M62 the other day, it kind of clinched it for me. I was going to trade the ST in for a 370Z, but I can't justify that sort of money on one car. At least I get to have 2 nice sports cars! Can't you tell I'm not married........

David Fox

Advanced Member
My god, she still looks mint! Glad Natalie took good care of her, and I hope the new owner does the same. I would kill to have that one back, was very special indeed.

Quite emotional seeing her again.... :xcry:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Have a look at the thread above, you'll see the level of pampering it receives now. :D

He was having thoughts about swapping it for a black one, so your wish might not be a million miles away.

David Fox

Advanced Member
Well if he is interested, let him know mate. When Natalie drove off up my street in it, even my parents were gutted I was selling it - didn't feel right, but I had to due to the mileage I was going to do in my new job.

If he is wanting to sell, then I will have to chat with this lad. To have another DC5 would be awesome, but to have my old one back would be the best thing ever. It needs to live in my garage again!

David Fox

Advanced Member
hondafreek said:
Welcome back mate, post a pic of the ST, I'm quite fond of them.
I will get some sorted mate, just realised I havent took any of her since the Wolf conversion! But here are some prior to the conversion for now until I get them sorted - you can clearly tell I have a DC5 fetish!

David Fox

Advanced Member
Well it's taken a while and a bit of persuasion, but I think I will be the owner of my old DC5! Looking fowrard to it, but my bank manager isn't looking forward to me looking after that AND my Mk2 RS Focus!

While I have used the search function, I can't seem to find prices for wind deflectors? Oh and is Dave at Steels Honda in Hereford still going strong?

Cheers!

Foxy

David Fox

Advanced Member
Thank god for that, cheers mate. Dave is a legend to me, I only went through him for bits, and will do again as and when they are needed. But having spoken to the current owner nothing needs to be done! Apart from Gruppe M again of course! :twisted:

dotty

Advanced Member
David Fox said:
Well it's taken a while and a bit of persuasion, but I think I will be the owner of my old DC5! Looking fowrard to it, but my bank manager isn't looking forward to me looking after that AND my Mk2 RS Focus!

While I have used the search function, I can't seem to find prices for wind deflectors? Oh and is Dave at Steels Honda in Hereford still going strong?

Cheers!

Foxy
Welcome back, I have returned to ;)

raz786

Advanced Member
dotty said:
David Fox said:

Cheers!

Foxy
Welcome back, I have returned to ;)
:xtsk: should be 'too' :lol: text speak? Just kidding mate 8-[

rodney

Advanced Member
I know what you mean, great service. Latest purchase from him was a new headlight but it appears it's misted up within a day or so of fitting so I'm hoping DJ will help me out :)

Can you really justify having both?! Are you planning on selling the Ford in the near future?

David Fox

Advanced Member
rodney said:
I know what you mean, great service. Latest purchase from him was a new headlight but it appears it's misted up within a day or so of fitting so I'm hoping DJ will help me out :)

Can you really justify having both?! Are you planning on selling the Ford in the near future?
Of course I can justify both, I'm single! Yes the RS is going in August, but will probably get the E46 M3 after Afghanistan late next year. Maybe a powerful diesel. Not bothered, but the DC5 will stay!

Dotty, great to see you on here again mate! last time we spoke it was iraq for us both!