Returning to the Fold......

gregb

Advanced Member
Welcome back to the fold David,maybe time to change the avatar :xlol:,it's gathering dust!

Nice ST by the way :wink: .

David Fox

Advanced Member
gregb said:
Welcome back to the fold David,maybe time to change the avatar :xlol:,it's gathering dust!

Nice ST by the way :wink: .
Yeah it is kinda old! The ST went in August mate, got a Mk 2 RS now. Will get some pics up when I can.

David Fox

Advanced Member
This is the current weapon, as previously posted, will keep this even when I get the DC5 up until the forseeable future, probably August when Afghanistan beckons. Nothing wrong with the car, they are an absolute beast of a car and very fast, it reaches 3 figures very quick and doesn't run out of steam either. I have always wanted the DC5 back (my old DC5 not another one) and now I can realise that, so unfortunately something has to give! Anyone thinking of purchasing one in the near will not be disappointed one bit:

David Fox

Advanced Member
Have now returned to the fold. I have to say it was the easiest decision of my life when buying back my old car. Collected her on Friday from Mr Ben Hatton (Hatton on here and Type R Forum) and to his credit, the car is mint. The only thing that needs doing is a wheel refurb. The bodywork is truly amazing, Ben obviously waxed and clayed the thing to death! The ride home to the Lake District brought back a few memories - Vtec in particular! Owning an RS as well, I can put my hand on my heart and say the Teg is a much better car. You feel so connected to the car, everything just fits, if you know what I mean. Anyone thinking they are bored of their Tegs should take heed to my warning - you will come back! It is a dream to own back the very car I sold, and I am luckily enough to be in a position to do so. Oh and I knew it was a good decision when 2 ladies walked past and winked at me and said the car was sexy - thongs will no doubt be thrown at the car as I drive past.

I will get some pictures up tomorrow as I have spent all day cleaning and ogling it - and all my friends came round to see the family heirloom that is the Teg! Still turns heads more than an RS! So happy to be back!

dotty

Advanced Member
David, I am sure you are probably aware but Hatton (the guy who owned this DC5 before David bought it back) sadly passed away yesterday.