Reverse camera

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mine does the same too, auto on in reverse and there's a switch/ menu option to turn on when I want even when driving along

I find it very handy when backing up into the garage

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Got one but never fitted it. I will when the cars back from tgm and the weather improves.

Anyone able to say how you got it through the boot to the outside?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Im pretty sure there's a grommet for the number plate light wiring. It was a while ago but I think I used that.

The camera was a Pioneer item which was about £65. I'm sure there's cheaper ones but I wanted Pioneer to match the headunit.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Cheers mate I'll get my camera out the loft soon and have a look at the boot setup for the best way to sort it and finally fit it, had it about 8 months lol

Mark_teg said:
Prefer sure there's a grommet for the number plate light wiring. It was a while ago but I think I used that.

The camera was a Pioneer item which was about £65. I'm sure there's cheaper ones but I wanted Pioneer to match the headunit.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
Kyle- can you let me know which one you went for please? I have the same head unit as you.
Jimmer said:
Likewise, could I also find out too? :) misses was looking today actually, its for her car. Cheers
The camera I settled for in the end was the Pioneer ND-BC8, even though the manual says to use the BC6. It is more expensive but performs much better.

Here are my settings from my headunit. If I want to watch the road then I turn the "camera view" option on, otherwise it kicks in when I put it in reverse.

From memory, I just plugged the AV feed into the brown RCA jack on the back on the head unit and ran the wiring for the camera down the middle of the car. This is where it gets a little shady, I think I spliced the live wire into the same wiring Torque GT used to take away one of my brake lights and change it to a fog. I then ran the camera wiring through the grommet that the number plate lighting wire goes through and mounted the camera under there. Ill get a mounted picture this weekend.

Hope that helps!

antstarr

Mine was a bit fiddly so my mates helped me but I ended up putting mine here..as there was no where else to attach it. Has lights with the camera as well to help for extra visibility at night as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

loud945

Has anyone got any pics of locating the reverse wire? I found.a guide on club RSX but it isn't too clear.

Also, to address some confusion from before, there is usually two inputs to the headunit.

1) One for the reverse signal which is for switching the screen to the camera when reverse is engaged.

2) The other is a "handbrake" cable, the purpose of this is to only allow the camera to be manually activated when parked, i.e. the car is not moving. I think Pioneer deem it as a distraction if the camera was on when moving. The usual trick to the simply set this input to the live wire, so the headunit thinks the handbrake is always on, removing the restriction to have the handbrake on.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Just tried fitting the camera mentioned above (nd-bc8) and im a little stumped at the mo... got the brown av feed plugged in, ran the red wire to the reverse light, and connected the black to the earth, (also at the back).

I have an image pop up when you engage reverse but the image takes about 5 seconds before it appears...then when you come out of reverse the screen goes blank, and has the warning about images being reversed, which you have to click on to remove every time you come out of reverse to get back to the radio... seems abit fiddly and backwards for me and not what I expected tbh, or have I wired it wrong have I done something wrong settings wise? Lol

On the settings i have the camera view off, and the battery is selected as the polarity....ive also highlighted the parking assist guide to on, but no lines have appeared, nor has the tab below to allow me to set adjustments.

Anyone suggest anything?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Jimmer said:
Just tried fitting the camera mentioned above (nd-bc8) and im a little stumped at the mo... got the brown av feed plugged in, ran the red wire to the reverse light, and connected the black to the earth, (also at the back).
I have an image pop up when you engage reverse but the image takes about 5 seconds before it appears...then when you come out of reverse the screen goes blank, and has the warning about images being reversed, which you have to click on to remove every time you come out of reverse to get back to the radio... seems abit fiddly and backwards for me and not what I expected tbh, or have I wired it wrong have I done something wrong settings wise? Lol
On the settings i have the camera view off, and the battery is selected as the polarity....ive also highlighted the parking assist guide to on, but no lines have appeared, nor has the tab below to allow me to set adjustments.
Anyone suggest anything?
Whatever your settings are, try the opposite. Basically just have a play with the settings :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I did try, it just didn't do anything sometimes. Is the delay in image normal? Seems counterintuitive having to wait for the camera to load 5 odd seconds before reversing.. thought it would be more "slick"

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jimmer, the setup mark had is "slick", although I had to learn after having the battery disconnected to adjust the camera option in settings.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:

Anyone suggest anything?
I have a delay but I wouldn't have said it was 5 seconds and when dis-engaging reverse it switches straight back to the function I was using before.

It is odd that your parking assist isn't coming up with the lines. What headunit are you using, was it the DA120?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yup, bought new three weeks ago. It turns on when you engage reverse, (connected the red to the reverse feed) but I could have done the manoeuvre by the time its popped up. Lol it then has the warning about reversing images etc....with no lines, lol and then when out of gear and back to going forward or something it stays black screen with the warning. You have to manually switch back to what you were doing before. Ive tried fiddling with the settings again last night but nothing seems to make a difference. Ill have another look at the weekend...felt like ripping the bugger out and sending it back last night. Lol

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Yup, bought new three weeks ago. It turns on when you engage reverse, (connected the red to the reverse feed) but I could have done the manoeuvre by the time its popped up. Lol it then has the warning about reversing images etc....with no lines, lol and then when out of gear and back to going forward or something it stays black screen with the warning. You have to manually switch back to what you were doing before. Ive tried fiddling with the settings again last night but nothing seems to make a difference. Ill have another look at the weekend...felt like ripping the bugger out and sending it back last night. Lol
Blimey! That definitely sounds odd. Even with my iPhone connected it switches pretty much straight into reverse and then cuts out when I come out of reverse. What is ever weirder is that I don't get any message about reverse images?!

Can you check the firmware on the head unit? There is an update but it is old and most versions of the DA120 in the UK have the update installed, still worth checking if you need it though.

loud945

It sounds like any delays would be more related to the headunits than the camera that is wired in?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Its the same head unit and camera combo as listed by others above....hence why we went for it.

I haven't done,... or seen it do any updates so couldn't tell you what firmware it is. Allni know is it was bought new at the start of April. Ill have a check at the weekend to see in the settings if it tells me whats what, but there could be a chance its in meed of an update, who knows how long its been in stock at Halfords for previous to us buying it. :)

Thanks all, ill attempt take 3 on Sunday. Lol

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Folks - dragging up an old thread I know, but relevant.

I am about to install my Pioneer reversing camera to my Pioneer DA130DAB headunit.

This is what I‘m planning on doing:

Camera wires
RCA lead to brown RCA socket on back of HU
Red to 12v switched
Black to ground

Headunit loom:
Purple/Violet to reversing switch ??
Handbrake cable to 12v switched

Questions:

Is there a 12v switched supply in the boot or at the rear of the car?
Where does the purple reversing wire get attached to? Is there somewhere in the cabin this can be attached to?

WyredHardware

I picked up an Atoto A6 pro. Decent unit and since it‘s android based it has a lot of options. Installing the dash and back up cam was VERY easy. An option for guys who want to go that way. The torque programme is nice for monitoring the engine for those who aren‘t running Hondata.

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
VtecPaul said:
Folks - dragging up an old thread I know, but relevant.

I am about to install my Pioneer reversing camera to my Pioneer DA130DAB headunit.

This is what I‘m planning on doing:

Camera wires
RCA lead to brown RCA socket on back of HU
Red to 12v switched
Black to ground

Headunit loom:
Purple/Violet to reversing switch ??
Handbrake cable to 12v switched

Questions:

Is there a 12v switched supply in the boot or at the rear of the car?
Where does the purple reversing wire get attached to? Is there somewhere in the cabin this can be attached to?
Your right about all the other wires as above mate.

The 12v switched supply I did that to my reverse light wires

Here is a link to all your questions:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/audio-electronics/2871147-purple-wire-for-rear-view-camera-install.html

Hope that helps bud

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Yeah get a scotchloc and connect it to your reverse light. Will come on then when in reverse.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk