Rocker cover fixings

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Looking to replace my rocker cover fixings, my car has Teg washers on it and all the rubber seals are excremente! One of my bolts also sheared on track so it's been tracking bodged to keep it running without spitting it's guts all over.

So quick look on Lings and it seems an overly expensive job.

I think I'll need to buy the head to rocker bolts anyway, but is there a better option than £70 on the washers and nuts??? Seems ridiculous for what they are!

First diagram it's parts 14&13, second diagram it's 6&7

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

muffinman

Advanced Member
You can get parts 13 and 14 from ebay, they are just m6 dome nuts and blueprint washers and seals also from ebay alot cheaper than from honda.

But the actual bolts themselves you'll have to get from honda unless you can get some from a k20 being broken

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I've ordered for bolts from Lings. Found a rocker gasket set with washers and caps for £20. Bargain.

Just disgusting how the m6 bolts are priced.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
You can get all of that stuff from a local store, or email the many online stores and get them for pennies. Honda prices are ridiculous.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Yes. Otherwise oil will seep frome the rear right of the rocker cover.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, I have ordered it as funny enough that's where its leaking so I guess the last owner did not get that also. :)

k!ng

Advanced Member
How do you order parts for a DC5 from Lings? It doesn't list the DC5 does it? Or do you just search for the part numbers for whatever it is you specifically need? Would be good to be able to browse what they have and the prices.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Depends what it is mate. In this case I just used my ep3 reg, as the parts are the same (for these).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Guys I'm doing this job today, first time and have the HONDA Hondabond HT Gasket Sealant also.

Am I right in the below:

Remove rocker, pull away old seal, fit new seal, apply HONDA Hondabond HT Gasket Sealant?

Where do I put this and how much ?

Thanks

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi thanks for replying, I've already done it now, put the sealant on all bends, corners etc as found online.

Do you know how long I need to leave the car before using it now? For the sealant to set?

Then how can I check it's not leaking, thanks

maxvr6

Advanced Member
The manual says 3 hours, just take it for a run then have a visual check around the rocker seal, give it a clean before you go out though so you don't mistake an old leak for a new one.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
The manual says 3 hours, just take it for a run then have a visual check around the rocker seal, give it a clean before you go out though so you don't mistake an old leak for a new one.
Thanks mate, should be ok but I'll check by running it tomorrow. Would I see if its leaking if I start it and just leave it running?