ROTA WHEELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoo

Whining.....
LOL @ the comment that Rota's will be stronger than OEM wheels!

Really?

No way, not a chance.

A lot of OEM wheels are made by big names such as BBS, Speedline, Ronal, Enkei etc etc.

Rota's will never be as good.

dotty

Advanced Member
redcap said:
Rota's are one of those things people love to hate, but don't know why.<br /><br /><br />Not really they are what they are, cheap Taiwanese copies of higher quality Japanese wheels. If you like them and want a set of Rota's buy them if you want a set of forged Rays or Volk wheels buy them.
<br /><br />Exactly. <br /><br />I'd personally not run them.. One thing I don't scrimp on is anything that keeps me on the road and slows me down.

Brophy

Advanced Member
Fixed br code problem if you are using tapatalk go into settings and clear cache and reset all settings, one of them fixed it.

:)

frampo

Advanced Member
I have never owned Rota wheels but have considered it however I currently have wedssports, work and Desmond wheels I don't think I would go away from the 'premium' brand wheels due to quality, however if I was doing track days I would consider Rota wheels I I couldn't pic up a 'premium' brand wheel cheap.

We are really unfortunate with the offset on our cars, a friend of mine picked up enkei rp01 and some advan wheels for his evo for £600. There are bargains to be had you just need to look about and possibly wait.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Rota make OEM wheels for Toyota, Ford, Isuzu, Mercedes and many more including VW, Nissan etc

http://custompinoyrides.com/2012/03/question-on-durability-of-rota-wheels/

;)

Again it's just brand snobbery because they cost a lot less to make/buy because of cheaper labour costs. That's all it is.

There are lots of companies out there that let the product do the talking, Rota is one of them and the various race teams that run them don't complain.

Stoo

Whining.....
No Porthos..

I'm sorry, but they do not make OEM wheels for the VW group.

Stoo

Whining.....
30 yrs ago? In the phillipines maybe....Please!

No VW group brand currently uses such poor quality wheels.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Not sure TGM would call them poor quality when they ran the FD2 on them in the 24hrs race, nor would many other teams you used them too.
They are race proven.

I wouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet about ROTA stoo.

itrsarg

Advanced Member
I've had different rota wheels over the years on different cars no complaints from me i like them :)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Stoo said:
LOL @ the comment that Rota's will be stronger than OEM wheels!

Really?

No way, not a chance.

A lot of OEM wheels are made by big names such as BBS, Speedline, Ronal, Enkei etc etc.

Rota's will never be as good.
Toyota OEM wheels are embarrassingly soft. You'll be hard pushed to find more than a handful of straight sets left in the world.

Stoo

Whining.....
Racing is not road use.

Speaking from experience, they are very poor quality.

And likewise, don't believe everything you read ;)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Racing is way more aggressive and stressful than road use.

And speaking from experience, they are fine on track and road. ;)
Ask TGM if in doubt and pretty much all the other race teams who used them.

I know plently of track and show cars running on Rota's and they are absolutely fine, there is a reason they are stress tested and compliant to certain standards.

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
Haters gonna hate lol

I run Rotas on my mrs cl7 accord. Been on there over 2 years no bother what so ever. Been over pot holes no problems. At the end of the day Rotas are a good cheap alternative for someone who doesn't want to spend a grand or more on new wheels with no tyres.
The only real time your going to tell the difference between forged and cast wheels is if you smash one. They'll crack and break where as forged wheels will just bend.
I know as I broke one of the wheels in the accord this winter. Oops

The only real issue I've heard about Rotas when on track as has been said already is the centre caps distorting or falling out as a result.

I'm in no way saying Rotas are as strong as oem forged alloys but bang for buck you can't go wrong :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Exactly, worst case scenario, if you wheels bend or crack it's game over in both cases. But I know which brand is cheaper to replace, so do the race teams who use them. Of course cast wheels aren't as strong as forged, that's partly the whole reason they are so much more expensive.

Love my Work wheels, love my cheaper wheels too.

I'm not one for limiting myself to what other people think.

Indeed, haters gonna hate at the end of the day, lol, I personally encourage people to be unique individuals.

Although I don't recommend anyone buying forgeries, lol

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Mark_teg said:
You love a good debate don't you Ian ;)
Yeah boiiiiii!

I also love winding people up :xgrin:

But really I like trying to help others more than anything else, one of the reason's I'm a mod I guess? I didn't ask to be, lol....

Mark_teg

Staff member
You love a good debate don't you Ian ;)

Yeah boiiiiii!

I also love winding people up :xgrin:
Here's my input:

There's obviously a good reason why they are cheaper! But I hardly think they'll break under the 'normal' use that we will put them through on our Tegs.

For those that don't know, I have a set of torques. I'd absolutely love a set of work emotions but can't afford/justify the new price. Buying a set of £1k+ wheels on a car worth £7-8k (hopefully) is a bit salty IMO!
Finding a set of used is very difficult, but if a set come up on here (and funds allow) I'd love them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.